Job Title: Assistant Internal Auditor
Organisation: Ntake Bakery and Company Limited
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Audit Manager
In 1979, our first product was baked giving birth to Ntake bakery. Since then we have grown into a multi sector business comprising of a bakery, wheat mill and paper recycling plant. With household names like Kaswa baking flour, AAA tissue and our bread which has come to be simply known as Ntake, we have endeared ourselves to the hearts of many Ugandans.
Job Summary: The Assistant Internal Auditor will be responsible for reviewing the financial records of the company to ensure that they’re following all applicable laws and regulations mainly in the area of accounting.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Actively participate in the planning (either individually or as part of team) of auditable areas including risk assessment and drawing up of audit programs so as to identify areas of great concern and focus of audit resources.
- Contribute to the development of the Internal Audit Plan.
- Contribute towards team goals and objectives. Provide formal performance feedback to peers.
- Conduct audits either individually or as part of a team so as to give the assurance as to the effectiveness of controls and other risk mitigating measures.
- Do a thorough analysis of the audit reports in order to find out ways how the organization can make more profits and reduce lost
- Identify and analyse causes of poor control performance and develop appropriate recommendations.
- Participate in meetings with different departments in order to update audit findings and improve on the audit process
- Report engagement observation and make the necessary recommendations for improving controls and operational efficiency.
- Maintain audit files to ensure that audit findings are well supported.
- Check and verify all accounting books and records in conformity with industry standards, best practices, and corporate guidelines
- Prepare audit working papers to ensure that sufficient and reliable evidence has been gathered as a basis for reporting.
- Draft reports in connection with working papers to ensure full and complete reporting in a professional manner prior to approval by the Audit Manager.
- Identify and analyse causes of poor control performance and make suitable recommendations for improving management controls to ensure the achievement of Bank strategic objectives.
- Follow up on implementation of Internal Audit recommendations.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for Ntake Bakery & Company limited must hold a Bachelor’s Degree in Commerce/ Business Administration or any other related field.
- Professional certifications such as CIA, CPA, CISA, ACCA.
- 2-3 years of audit/internal control experience.
- The job requires a good grasp of key risks and controls in most operating areas plus good understanding of key operating policies and procedures.
- High level of confidentiality and objectivity is expected of the job holder.
- The job requires high personal & interpersonal skills to deliver quality work.
- Knowledge of the techniques, tests, and sampling methods involved in conducting audits and the requirements set forth in the standards for the professional practice of internal auditing.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel spreadsheets.
- Ability to collect, analyse and evaluate information and the preparation of written concise reports of work performed plus recommendations.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to foster cooperation and support of stakeholders.
- Possession of flexibility and ability to adapt appropriately to changing requirements and situations.
- Analytical and possession of an objective and probing mind.
- Excellent attention to details and organizational skills.
How to Apply:
If you believe you meet the requirements as noted above, please forward your application with a detailed CV including present position and copies of relevant professional/academic certificates (University Transcript, O & A level) to the email address indicated below.
Deadline: 31st August 2022