Job Title: Assistant Manager Legal
Organisation: Deposit Protection Fund of Uganda (DPF)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Board Secretary & Director Legal
The Deposit Protection Fund of Uganda (DPF), which is also referred to as the Fund, was established as a separate legal entity following the enactment of the Financial Institutions (Amended) Act, 2016. Prior to this, DPF was managed by Bank of Uganda.
Job Summary: The Assistant Manager Legal will provide support in the development of the legal framework of the Fund and strengthening of the contracting function.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Draft and review Laws and regulations (development of the legal framework).
- Conduct research and advise on current trends in Deposit Insurance.
- Draft government papers (Cabinet memorandums and information papers).
- Drafting of contracts.
- Drafting of Memoranda of Understanding for regional and inter-regulatory agency cooperation.
- Provide legal advice & prepare legal briefs.
- Provide Secretarial support for the Contracts Committee.
- Supervise officers under supervision.
- Provide Secretarial services for disciplinary Committees of Management.
- Sound legal advice to Fund staff, Management and Board of Directors on government regulations, contracts, property, taxes, and labour.
- Draft legislation, regulations, Memoranda of Understanding and other contracts.
- Draft minutes.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must hold a first-class or Second-class upper degree in Law from a recognized university is essential.
- A valid practising certificate (advocate) is essential.
- Five years of experience at the management level in the legal department of a government ministry, department or agency is essential.
- A Master’s degree in law, management or a related field is an added advantage.
- Professional certification such as ICSA, contracts management, and procurement is an added advantage.
- Contract drafting
- Litigation including laws and regulations regarding insurance coverages.
- Legal drafting and minute taking.
- Corporate governance and compliance.
- Banking and investment policies and procedures.
- Accountability and Dependability: Takes personal responsibility for the quality and timeliness of work and achieves results with little oversight.
- Transparency and Integrity: Earns others’ trust and respect through consistent honesty and professionalism in all interactions.
- Team spirit and collaboration: Promotes cooperation and commitment within the team to achieve the Fund’s organizational goals and deliverables. Builds constructive working relationships characterized by a high level of acceptance, cooperation, and mutual respect
- Adaptability and Flexibility: Adapts to changing needs, conditions, and work responsibilities.
- Self-Management and thoroughness: effectively manage own time, priorities, and resources to achieve goals. Ensures that work is complete and accurate and independently follows up with others to ensure that agreements and commitments have been fulfilled.
- Communication: Shares and receives information using clear oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Stress Tolerance/tact: Maintains composure in highly stressful or adverse situations, and diplomatically handles challenging or tense interpersonal situations.
- Employee Engagement and enthusiasm: Demonstrates commitment to the job, colleagues, the Fund, and its mission by acting in ways that further the accomplishment of its goals
How to Apply:
All qualified and interested candidates should apply online at the link below.
Deadline: 4th November 2022