Job Title: Business Integrity Business Partner
Organisation: Diageo (Uganda Breweries Limited)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Business Integrity Manager
Diageo is the world’s leading premium drinks business with an outstanding collection of beverage alcohol brands across spirits, beer and wine. These brands include Johnnie Walker, Crown Royal, J&B, Windsor, Buchanan’s and Bushmills whiskies, Smirnoff, Ciroc and Ketel One vodkas, Baileys, Captain Morgan, Tanqueray and Guinness.
Uganda Breweries Limited is Uganda’s leading premium alcohol company that focuses on the development of great brands and great people. Our key objectives are delivery of the highest quality brands to consumers and long-term value to our investors.
Job Summary: The Business Integrity programme is focused on embedding and sustaining risk management, internal controls, breach management and compliance with the Diageo Code of Business Conduct, internal policies, and external regulation, within the fabric of Diageo.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the implementation and management of the CARM (Controls Assurance and Risk Management) process for the business in the supply function.
- Monitoring and escalation of CARM programme progress and issues
- Liaison with Diageo & CAS CARM team
- Manage software to reflect ongoing progress (BWise and Archer)
- Facilitate annual CARM review and signoff process for the supply function.
- The role leads the BI Agenda for Supply (people engagement and policy training), which will deliver the ‘Trusted’ & ‘Respected’ elements of our Performance Ambition.
- Managing significant and non-significant breaches within the supply function.
- Leading Business Partner engagement to ensure uplift in compliance (facilitating Supply Functions Control Days).
- Support the UBL / EABR Supply Function teams in discharging their accountability in creating an environment where risks are proactively managed, and internal controls, compliance and ethics are at the heart of the business In more detail
- Support the BI Manager in the delivery of first-class risk management and Risk management committees (RMCs)
- Leading role in ensuring we are always Global Audit risk (GAR) audit ready in Supply function.
- Support in identifying improvement opportunities to make our compliance processes and controls efficient, effective and ensure those are enabling the delivery of business priorities
- Lead Pathway of Pride as the Project Manager and coordinate roll out across the Supply function.
- Lead policy simplification and communication and initiatives such as the Compliance Quizzes
- The role has no direct report
- Top 3-5 Accountabilities will include:
- Delivering a rock solid CARM year for UBL/ EABR Supply
- Leading supplier business partner engagement and training of their people. Key support to Business partner lifecycle management (BPLM).
- Supporting PoP and taking the programme from strength-to-strength. Ensuring PoP lives through the year. Managing the PoP budget for the supply function.
- Support in setting and delivering the BI strategy in the Supply functions at UBL/ EABR in alignment with the business strategy. This includes: facilitating and embedding a best practice risk management; managing the internal controls process according to Global guidelines; embedding the Code of business conduct (CoBC) and associated policies both employees and third parties.
- Working closely with UBL BI and HR to ensure cohesive and coherent communications plan
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- Experience gained through a professional background in compliance and ethics or Internal Audit function, working within a multi-national environment.
- Legal or finance/accountancy qualifications (preferred but not essential) or other professional qualifications.
- Three to five years of experience in a related field is required.
- Well-developed analytical skills.
- Well-developed communication and influencing skills.
- Experience of developing and implementing key elements of a controls, compliance and ethics program, including organizational leadership and culture; standards, policies and procedures; training and communications; enforcement and incentives; delegation of authority; monitoring, auditing and reporting; and response and continuous improvement.
- Experience of policy development and monitoring relating to areas such as anti-money laundering, bribery & corruption and gifts & entertainment.
- High level of personal integrity, and proven ability to ‘stand tall’ under pressure.
- Language skills – English is essential.
- Our Culture Code
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested applicants should apply online at the link below.