Job Title: Business Support Associate (Social Protection and Resilience)
Organisation: United Nations World Food Programme (WFP)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) is the world’s largest humanitarian agency, fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need. In emergencies, WFP gets food to where it is needed, saving the lives of victims of war, civil conflict and natural disasters. After an emergency, WFP uses food to help communities rebuild their lives. On average, WFP reaches more than 80 million people with food assistance in 80 countries each year. The organization has the global footprint, deep field presence and local knowledge and relationships necessary to provide access to food and contribute to lasting solutions, especially in many of the world’s most remote and fragile areas.
Job Summary: To coordinate and control a full range of business support services for the Social Protection and Resilience activities, to ensure that services are delivered effectively.
At this level, the job holder is expected to demonstrate responsibility and initiative to respond independently to queries with only general guidance. They have responsibility for undertaking specialised business support work, such as organisation and coordination of work. There is a requirement to use judgment in dealing with unforeseen problems on a daily basis. The job holder is expected to manage resources.
To coordinate and control a full range of business support services for a specific professional area of work, to ensure that services are delivered effectively.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide dedicated assistant support to the Social Protection and Resilience Unit.
- Assist the Activity Manager for Asset Creation and Livelihoods and Technical Assistance for Emergency Preparedness and Response in planning, monitoring, and reconciling budget(s) to ensure that planned financial resources are used effectively.
- Provide technical support and assist in the development and implementation of various activities and processes for asset creation and livelihoods and technical assistance for emergency preparedness and response.
- Oversee the maintenance of records and databases to ensure information is organized and readily available for the social protection and resilience staff.
- Establish and maintain a repository of supporting documents for personnel costs, travel costs and related subsistence allowances, others costs, and transactions with / of CPs for projects.
- Undertake data analysis (e.g., food assistance needs, resource utilization, programme status, performance) and highlight trends/issues ensuring deliverables adhere to corporate standards and quality control.
- Prepare and/or consolidate reports, documentation, correspondence, and briefing notes in relevant areas pertaining to social protection and resilience.
- Coordinate monitoring and reporting processes for the Social Protection and Resilience Unit, including ensuring the timely setting of targets, monitoring of performance, and preparing timely and quality inputs for relevant reports (including Annual Country Reports, Annual Performance Reports, donor reports, country briefs and pipeline reports).
- Manage, on behalf of the unit, procurement, and partnerships related matters.
- Assess and recommend improvements to procedures and practices, to contribute to the effective delivery of business support services.
- Provide a full range of complex business support services to social protection and resilience staff to contribute to the effective functioning of business operations.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal applicant must hold a Bachelor’s degree in administration, business, social sciences or related fields. A post-secondary certificate in an area relevant to social protection and/or resilience is desirable.
- Six or more years of progressively responsible work experience in social protection and resilience or related areas, with experience in general administrative work
- Specialised knowledge of the application of common business processes, practical business support methods, procedures and systems used in area of work, gained through technical training and work experience.
- In-depth capacity for using WFP systems and tools for financial management, monitoring and procurement
- Good communication skills in order to provide specialised business support services to a wide range of individuals.
- Ability to analyse and interpret financial data and monitor budgets.
- Ability to proactively identify and recommend areas for improvement to the design and delivery of specialised services.
- Ability to build relationships with a variety of individuals across functions.
- Experience in coordinating the work of others and self and training and
- supporting others.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Languages: Fluency in both oral and written communication in English.
How to Apply:
All candidates who wish to join the United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) in the aforementioned capacity should apply online at the online portal link below.
Deadline: 14th October 2022