Job Title: Call Center Manager
Organisation: ENGIE Energy Access
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Head of Customer Experience
ENGIE Energy Access is one of the leading Pay-As-You-Go (PAYGo) and mini-grids solutions provider in Africa, with a mission to deliver affordable, reliable and sustainable energy solutions and life-changing services with exceptional customer experience. The company is a result of the integration of Fenix International, ENGIE Mobisol and ENGIE PowerCorner; and develops innovative, off-grid solar solutions for homes, public services and businesses, enabling customers and distribution partners access to clean, affordable energy. The PAYGo solar home systems are financed through affordable installments from $0.14 per day and the mini-grids foster economic development by enabling electrical productive use and triggering business opportunities for entrepreneurs in rural communities. With over 1,700 employees, operations in 9 countries across Africa (Benin, Cote d’Ivoire, Kenya, Mozambique, Nigeria, Rwanda, Tanzania, Uganda and Zambia), over 1 million customers and more than 5 million lives impacted so far, ENGIE Energy Access aims to remain the leading clean energy company, serving millions of customers across Africa by 2025.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
Team Leadership and Performance Management
- Lead, mentor and manage the Call Center Leadership Team (Call Centre Team Leads)
- Provide ongoing coaching, feedback and training to the Call Center Leadership Team
- Own schedule and workforce management, optimizing resources for demand and ensuring schedule adherence and team productivity.
- Adjust schedules at short notice based on call volume fluctuations and changing business needs.
- Coordinate, drive and measure results in forecasting, capacity planning, scheduling, real time resource management, and real time resource reporting
- Own Customer Service Representatives (CSR) performance, including oversight of a strong Quality Assurance function that provides instant, real time feedback to CSRs and Service Center Representatives based on their performance
- Ensure that all CSRs provide an excellent experience to all customers, with each interaction.
- Recruit, train, coach, and provide ongoing leadership for all CSR’s.
- Work with management to identify Key Performance Indicators and targets, analyze output data, and implement changes in the Call Center to optimize performance and deliver an exceptional customer experience.
- Produce regular reporting on Call Center performance and make recommendations based on these reports.
Strategy Development and Budgetary responsibilities
- Own the short term and longer-term strategy development process including annual goal setting as well as monthly targets and incentives.
- Ensure strategy is communicated and owned by the call center team, connecting individual targets to overall strategy.
- Own end-to-end strategic projects to improve performance or minimize operational costs, delegating to other key contributors where appropriate
- Provide strategic thought partnership to Uganda management team.
- Project budgetary expenses, determine future costing and ensure strong budget adherence.
- Find cost efficiencies where possible, achieving stronger results whilst looking for ways to become efficient with spending.
Systems and Process Improvement
- Constantly innovate on the status quo to meet current and future business objectives. This position is not simply a ‘running’ of the existing operation, it requires constant iteration and innovation of the Call Centre to meet stretch goals and changing priorities.
- Identify a list of systems and process improvement projects and own the end-to-end execution of those projects.
- Develop strong understanding of underlying Call Centre Systems (PBX, CRM systems, back-end databases) to be able to lead troubleshooting, training design & delivery and systems improvement.
- Strong understanding of Call Centre data. Ability to query data directly from the database, change and manipulate data for visualization and analysis, and incorporate data into daily, weekly, and monthly decision-making and strategy-setting to ensure continuous improvement.
- Work closely with the Customer Finance team to define and implement credit improvement initiatives and campaigns, maximizing efficiency of the team in its credit activities execution.
- Work closely with the Commercial team to set and achieve sales targets for the Tele sales team, ensuring alignment on processes and ethics between the two departments, but also promotions, incentives and other key sales performance drivers.
- Work closely with the Marketing and Product teams to ensure timely and correct communication to customers.
- Work closely with the SC team to ensure customer issues are resolved in an efficient and timely manner, respecting SLAs and handover processes between the two teams.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must hold a Degree in a relevant field from a recognized institution.
- Five or more years of related work experience in a similar role (large team management, call center leadership)
- Demonstrated ability to lead a large team with multiple levels of staff
- Demonstrated ability to train, coach and mentor manager-level staff
- Strong track record of results; able to show clear improvement in core call center KPIs over time and delivery of consistent process & system improvements to drive performance.
- Consistent track record of exemplary professionalism, adherence to HR policies and procedures
- Excellent Project Management experience: demonstrated ability to own complex projects end-to-end with multiple stakeholders.
- Strong critical thinking and problem-solving abilities. Candidates must have clear evidence of proactively identifying issues and working them through to resolution.
- Strong motivational abilities on a one-on-one and on a team basis
- Demonstrated ability to work according to EEA values.
- Proficiency with computer software including EEA systems.
- Data collection and analysis skills.
- Very good interpersonal skills.
- Should demonstrate both strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Language(s): Proficient in written and spoken English. Knowledge of Luganda is an advantage.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested applicants should apply online at the link below.