The Academic Registrar Makerere University invites applications from suitably qualified persons for the Bachelor of Youth Development Work (BYW) Programme tenable at Makerere University. The BYW Programme is an upgrade of the Commonwealth Youth in Development Diploma Programme (CYP).
The Programme is a flexible learning programme that shall be offered using online/blended/distance learning approaches. It shall be delivered using a combination of limited face-to-face sessions (one week at the beginning of each semester) and home study sessions supported by specially designed online and offline study materials and activities. The Programme will commence in February 2018.
A candidate must have:
The Uganda Certificate of Education (UCE) with at least five passes or its equivalent. At least two Principal Passes in Arts or Science subjects obtained at the same sitting of the Uganda Advanced Certificate of Education Examinations (UACE) or its equivalent as follows:
- Essential: Two best done subjects at A’Level.
- Relevant: The third better done of the remaining A’Level subjects.
- Desirable: General Paper and Subsidiary Mathematics or Computer Studies.
Diploma Holders Entry Scheme
A candidate must hold at least a Second Class Diploma award in relevant discipline from a recognized institution of higher learning.
Degree Holders Entry Scheme
Holders of other degrees from recognised institutions of higher learning can also be admitted on the Programme. Diploma/Degree holders who have earlier done courses similar to those offered on this programme may be awarded exemptions not exceeding 20% of the programme load with the approval of the College of Education and External Studies (CEES) Academic Board.
- Direct Entry applicants MUST attach their Ordinary and Advanced Level Certificates or their equivalent and Birth Certificates.
- Degree/Diploma holders MUST attach their Ordinary and Advanced Level Certificates or their equivalent, Birth Certificates and Certified copies of their Academic Transcripts(not photocopies of certified copies).
- Degree/Diploma holder Candidates will be responsible for verification of their academic documents from the awarding Institutions after admission.
Tuition Fees Structure
Application Procedure/How to Apply
Hard copies of application forms are obtainable from the Admission Office, Room 314, Level 3, in the Senate Building after payment of a non-refundable application fee of Ug. Shs 50,000/= (Ugandan applicants) to any Stanbic Bank Branch or DFCU Bank, Centenary Bank or Post Bank using Makerere University paying-in-bank slips.