Job Title: Chauffeur (2 Fresher High School Jobs)
Organisation: United States US Embassy, US Mission in Uganda
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Salary: UGX 33,985,552 /=
Position Number: Kampala-2023-007
About US Embassy:
The United States Embassy in Kampala, Uganda has enjoyed diplomatic relations with Uganda for over 30 years. Ambassador Natalie E. Brown currently heads the U.S Mission to Uganda. The Mission is composed of several offices and organizations all working under the auspices of the Embassy and at the direction of the Ambassador.
Among the offices operating under the U.S Mission to Uganda are:
- United States Agency for International Development (USAID)
- Centers for Disease Control (CDC)
- Peace Corps
Job Summary: The Chauffeur operates safely and efficiently an unarmored U.S. Government-owned or leased motor vehicle to transport passengers and/or cargo. Works as messenger as directed.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
Chauffeur Responsibilities: 80%
- As one of several motor pool chauffeurs, receives work assignments from the Dispatcher to transport State and/or other Agency personnel or cargo.
- Operates Embassy vehicles in the transportation of official visitors in support of U.S. Government’s official activities.
- Assumes duty driver responsibility on a rotational basis. Incumbent may be required to make trips that require out-of-town stays.
- Maintains vehicle in a clean and serviceable condition, to include cleaning the interior and exterior of the vehicle. Performs basic vehicle inspection in accordance with established schedules and policies.
- Prepares trip reports, vehicle use and fuel logs. Estimates fuel consumption for trips.
- Safeguards U.S. Government property and uses U.S. Government resources efficiently, including the fuel-efficient operation of vehicles.
Messenger’s Responsibilities: 20 %
- To include mail, cargo, documents pickup and delivery, as assigned.
- Handles cash up to $1000.
- Provides driver support for the Ambassador or DCM in the absence of their regularly-assigned chauffeurs, as directed.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
NOTE: All applicants must address each selection criterion detailed below with specific and comprehensive information supporting each item.
- The applicants for the United States US Embassy Chauffeur job should have completed a high school education. Required.
- Must hold a valid driver’s license.
- At least three years of professional driving experience is required.
- Must have a good working knowledge of the city and its environs, including driving routes and traffic patterns.
- Must be familiar with the location of hospitals, police and fire stations within the city and its immediate surroundings.
- Must have the ability to read maps and plan driving routes.
- Excellent verbal communication skills, and an ability to handle all persons with professionalism and discretion.
- Ability to perform basic vehicle inspection and must possess intermediate level automotive maintenance skills.
- Must have basic computer skills to maintain reports and for communication purposes. This may be tested.
- Language: English level II (Limited knowledge) Reading/Writing/Speaking is required. This may be tested.
How to Apply:
All those interested in working with the United States Embassy, US Mission in Kampala should send their applications online at the link below.
Deadline: 23rd February 2023