Job Title: Community Liaison Officer (2 Job Opportunities)
Organization: Safe Way Right Way
Duty Station: Buliisa/ Pakwach, Uganda
Safe Way Right Way is a registered Non-Government Organization focused on the improvement of road safety through innovative interventions and collaborations with multi sector stakeholders.
Job Summary: The Community Liaison officer will work extensively with community groups and the community at large, the local leadership and other stakeholders in the project implementation area to ensure effective communication that will foster positive relationships.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist the supervisor with the formulation of a community liaison strategy and implementation
- Manage public relations within the community of implementation
- Educate stakeholders such as community members and local leadership about the project objectives
- Organize and attend community meetings when required and ensure all relevant community stakeholders are kept informed about the progress Keep the project team and stakeholders aware of the community affairs and dynamics.
- Assist with project reporting and case study development
- Complete the necessary administrative tasks related to implementation of the project,
- Must ensure that all project activities comply with the organisation’s policies
- Ensure the visibility of Safe Way Right Way and Total Energies’ Activities Any other duties assigned by the supervisor
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate should hold a diploma or higher in Social Work, Development studies or related studies
- Three years of experience in a similar position
- Preference for a resident in good standing of Buliisa, Pakwach, Kikuube Hoima, Masindi, Nwoya with knowledge of the surrounding areas and communities around the project area
- Ability to assist in communications or discussions effectively and deal with feedback and/or grievances (if any) in a way that encourages win- win solutions for the parties involved;
- Must be fully proficient in English, and either Runyoro, Lugungu, or Alur (verbal and written communication);
- Good mobilization skills and ability to maintain good relations with stakeholders
- Experience in reporting and case study writing
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send applications via, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org specifying in the subject line the role applied for.
NB: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for the interview.
Deadline: 21st December 2022