Job Title: Country Manager – Uganda & South Sudan
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
A.P. Moller – Maersk is an integrated container logistics company working to connect and simplify its customer’s supply chains. As the global leader in shipping services, the company operates in 130 countries and employs roughly 70,000 people. With simple end-to-end offering of products and digital services, seamless customer engagement and a superior end-to-end delivery network, Maersk enables its customers to trade and grow by transporting goods anywhere – all over the world.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Co-create (along with Area) and own the commercial strategy in Uganda & South Sudan.
- Coach and support the country team to achieve our integrator ambition. Foster cross functional collaboration at country level.
- Suggest and own all investment projects within the country collaborating with all functions as required.
- Responsible for Business Development at country level in line with Area Business Pan.
- Administratively be responsible for all business units within the country. Involve functional leaders to support as and when required.
- Guide the organization ensuring all commercial, operational, and financial targets are met
- Guide the organization ensuring all commercial targets are met in alignment and in collaboration with Area Vertical Leads. Take part in joint sales calls with strategic customers under different verticals as and when required.
- Assist functional managers, including but not limited to Customer Experience, Financial and Operational (Ocean & Logistics) in achieving functional targets by providing support at country level as and when required.
- Continually manage key stakeholders and customers relations as well as cost and efficiency improvements in the Country.
- Represent Maersk with all relevant external stakeholders and proactively manage all stakeholder relationships.
- Actively monitor and drive NPS across segments and drive local improvement to enhance customer satisfaction in collaboration with functional leaders.
- Coach team for success and development.
- Own and foster high team engagement.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must hold a University degree.
- General management experience and proven track record within the Logistics and Services Industry.
- Ability to collaborate across functions and geographies, with and without authority.
- Demonstrated proficiency in using data to drive business results.
- Strong commercial mindset and networking skills.
- Proven ability to interact with senior management of various stakeholders including key government bodies.
- Inspirational with a high level of urgency and ownership.
- Can guide and coach teams in an engaging and motivating environment.
- Proven ability to work as a change agent
- Strong Problem-solving mindset.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates who wish to join Maersk should apply online at the link below.