DAAD scholarship programme aims at helping students and graduates improve their knowledge of German (general language, special language) and their cultural knowledge of the country.
- Students who have completed at least two years of a Bachelor or Master’s degree programme in any subject area at the start of the scholarship period may apply.
- Students in the last year of a Bachelor programme are eligible to apply if they intend to start a Master’s degree programme shortly after completing their BA. Please attach a letter of confirmation from the university as proof.
- Neither graduates holding a Master’s degree nor PhD students are eligible for this programme.
What requirements have to be fulfilled?
- The grant holder must be at least 18 years old when he/she starts the funded stay.
- Applicants must be registered at a university in their home country or in their country of permanent residence (except Germany) at the time their funded stay begins.
- An applicant may only be considered once in any three consecutive years for a DAAD Intensive Language Course or University Summer Course Grant.
- It is not possible to apply simultaneously for an Intensive Language Course and University Summer Course Grant
What is supported?
- The programme funds attendance of language and area studies courses as well as special language / terminology courses that are offered by state or state-recognised German universities and by affiliated language schools.
- You can find out about course providers and programmes on the DAAD website.
Duration of funding
- The courses run for at least 18 teaching days (max. 5 days/week, excluding days of arrival and departure) with a minimum of 25 hours of teaching a week.
- The grants are non-renewable.
- The courses are offered in the summer months (usually from June) during the recess period at German universities.
- One-off scholarship payment of 850 euros; participants from the countries defined by the “OECD-DAC-List” (www.oecd.org/dac/stats/daclist – Least Developed Countries) receive a scholarship of 1,025 euros.
- Payment of a country-specific travel allowance (exception: Western Europe), see: www.daad.de/rkp-hsk_hwk_isk (an overview of travel allowances for 2015 will be published from November 2014)
- Payments towards health, accident and personal liability insurance cover
- A selection committee reviews applications
- The most important selection criteria are:
– previous academic achievements
– convincing arguments for choice of study programme and subject
– knowledge of German
Application Deadline: December 15 2014
For More Information visit: 2015/2016 DAAD University scholarships for Summer Courses offered in Germany for Foreign Students and Graduates