Job Title: Data collection & management (Fresher volunteer Jobs)
Duty Station: Kitgum, Uganda
CCVS Uganda was initiated in 2008 when a Belgium interuniversity cooperation was started to conduct research on the well-being of formerly abducted children and war-affected young people in Northern Uganda. Three Belgian universities, Ghent University, Vrije Universiteit Brussel, and the University of Leuven, with the assistance of the Belgium Ministry of Foreign Affairs, were involved and a center was set up to assist the implementation of both research activities and mental health interventions.
Since then, CCVS has developed into a specialized organisation playing a key role in promoting the psychological health of individuals and communities in post-war Northern Uganda.
We offer mental health care services to individuals and families who have been affected by collective violence, so they become mentally healthy and self-driven. In our approach, we make use of the strengths and resources of the communities we work with, so interventions become sustainable and social support networks are rebuilt.
Our office in Kitgum is opening up opportunities for motivated individuals that would like to gain experience in one of the following areas:
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- You will be part of our Monitoring & Evaluation team dealing collecting and analysing data compiled from our field activities.
- You will be based at our office in Kitgum but will also be going to the communities of operation to support our clinical staff in the area of data collection and documentation.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- You are interested in monitoring & evaluation, especially in service-based organisations and have basic training in data collection and analysis.
- Basic knowledge about mental health care and counselling is a plus.
- You are precise with strong computer skills.
- You are a good team player, openminded and ethical and love working in a team.
- You are conversant with the local language and having the ability to ride a motorbike would be helpful.
The period of volunteering will be from January 16th to March 31st, 2023. These opportunities are unpaid volunteer positions based in Kitgum. Other than a basic volunteer stipend to cover costs, no salary or other expenses will be paid.
How to Apply:
If interested, please fill in your application using this link below
Deadline: Friday 30th December 2022