Organisation: Uganda Business and Technical Examinations Board (UBTEB)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Ref No: UBTEB/HRM-EXT/004/11/2022
Reports to: ICT Officer
Uganda Business and Technical Examinations Board (UBTEB) is a professional National Examinations Board with the mandate to streamline, regulate, coordinate and conduct credible examinations and award Certificates and Diplomas in the Business, Technical and Vocational professions. The Board therefore conducts Business, Technical and Vocational examinations, including Applied Science specialties such as Biological Sciences (Agricultural, Fisheries, Wildlife, Forestry, Bee keeping and other related fields), Physical Sciences Meteorology, Surveys and Land Management, and other related fields), Cooperative, Social Development, Hotel, Catering and Tourism.
Job Summary: To handle configurations, maintenance and operation of Board’s network, servers, desktop, and storage infrastructure and maintain the Board’s website.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Installing and configuring software, hardware and networks
- Monitoring Linux system performance and troubleshooting issues.
- Optimizing and maintaining network security protocols, such as secure socket layer (SSL), secure file transfer protocol (SFTP), and virtual private networks (VPNs), to ensure data is protected.
- Ensuring security and efficiency of IT infrastructure.
- Manage the Board’s network servers and technology tools.
- Set up user accounts and workstations.
- Monitor performance and maintain systems according to requirements
- Ensure security through access controls, backups and firewalls and troubleshoot issues and outages.
- Develop expertise to train staff on new technologies
- Build an internal wiki with technical documentation, manuals and IT policies
- Assists with software upgrades and installations.
- Maintain and administer access to the UBTEB Intranet, web maintenance and access levels to the website.
- Perform any other duties as assigned by supervisors.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal applicant must hold a Diploma in Computer Science or Software Engineering or Information Technology from a recognised institution;
- Additional training in Multimedia shall be an added advantage;
- At least one (1) year experience in systems administration management and desktop publishing;
- Must be proficient with Linux server and Client operating systems.
- Any Professional certification such as; CCNP, CCNA, Oracle certified database Administrator, Linux Certified Administrator, CISCO, Linux and Microsoft Certificate Training in Database Management is an added advantage;
- 20 – 40 years of age at entry.
- Ability to meet deadlines with minimum supervision.
- Must be able to perform duties accurately and independently.
- Interpersonal and networking skills.
- High level of integrity and ethics.
- A high degree of professionalism in regard to safeguarding sensitive data.
How to Apply:
Three sets of handwritten applications with detailed CVs and photocopies of Academic Certificates, Testimonials, Transcripts and/or Result slips; Three (3) most recent and clear passport size photographs, Names and addresses of two referees, A letter of recommendation from the current or most recent employer, telephone contacts and emails of both the applicant and the referees; should be submitted in sealed envelopes and hand delivered not later than 13th December, 2022 at 5.00p.m to the address indicated below. The Job title and Reference Number should be clearly written on the top left corner of the envelope. Applications should be addressed to;
The Executive Secretary,
Uganda Business and Technical Examinations Board;
Plot 7 Valley Drive, Ntinda;
P.O. Box 1499;
Kampala – Uganda.
Note: Only successful applicants will be contacted. (Those who applied previously are encouraged to re-apply only if they meet the job specifications.
Deadline: 13th December 2022 at 5.00pm