Job Title: Data Management Associate (Fresher UN Jobs)
Organisation: United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Salary: UGX 5,433,500 and UGX 7,093,920 /=
The Office of the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees was established on December 14, 1950 by the United Nations General Assembly. UNHCR’s mandate under the Statute of the Office of the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees is to lead and co-ordinate action for international protection to refugees; seek permanent solutions for the problems of refugees and safeguard refugee rights and well-being. UNHCR has an additional mandate concerning issues of statelessness, as it is given a designated role under Article 11 of the 1961 Convention on the Reduction of Statelessness.
Job Summary: The Data Management Associate is normally supervised by a professional staff member who provides the incumbent with general guidance and workplans. The incumbent works quite independently with an oversight from the supervisor. S/he may directly supervise some support staff. Contracts are mainly with the colleagues in the same duty station to exchange information and to discuss the work plans. External contacts are with the national and local authorities for gathering and exchange of data.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage the use, maintenance and technical support of databases used in the Operation, including planning and overseeing data collection, input and verifications; production of standard and ad hoc reports.
- Generate statistical reports based on the standard reporting formats and ad-hoc reports, charts and tables as required by the management.
- Provide training, as necessary, to UNHCR staff as well as staff-members of implementing partners in relevant aspects of data management.
- May be required to coordinate with the GIS colleagues to ensure that data collection is compatible with GIS.
- Archive and backup database systems; ensure security of databases; perform database administrator functions.
- Assist in development of new applications/databases needed by the UNHCR Offices/Units in area of responsibilities in order to perform their tasks smoothly.
- Ensure that the clients’ databases are up-to-date by identifying and keeping what is relevant and accurate in an accessible manner.
- May be required to support registration activities including ProGres technical support and on-site assistance.
- May be required to support voluntary repatriation activities including reconciliation of VolRep data from country of asylum and encashment centers, verification of Voluntary Repatriation Forms (VRFs) and coordination with VolRep Centers (VRCs) on information issues.
- Develop forms and tools for data collection and analysis.
- Have access to relevant data and records.
- Perform other related duties as required.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant for the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) Data Management Associate job should have three years of relevant experience with High School Diploma; or 2 years relevant work experience with Bachelor or equivalent or higher
- Certificates and/or Licenses: Information Technology Data Management
- Fluency in English is required
- DM-Database Management
- PG-UNHCR’s Programmes
- DM-ArcGIS (Geographic Information System)
- TR-Training – Virtual and face to face
- IT-Computer Literacy
(Functional Skills marked with an asterisk* are essential)
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates who wish to join the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) should apply online at the link below
Deadline: 11th August 2022