Job Title: Distribution Unit Manager
Organisation: Coca-Cola Beverages Africa
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Warehouse & Distribution Manager
Coca-Cola Beverages Africa is the largest African Coca-Cola Bottler, accounting for 40% of all Coca-Cola volumes on the continent. In Uganda, CCBA is represented by Century Bottling Company Limited and Rwenzori Bottling Company Limited.
Job Summary: The Distribution Unit Manager will lead, develop, advise, and support the successful implementation of the Distribution strategy. To support the implementation of the business plans to deliver the strategic priorities of long-term growth opportunities by leveraging scale and building fundamental processes, systems, and people capabilities.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop an effective Distribution strategy and business plan based on diagnosis, analysis, insight, expertise, and distribution principles.
- Develop plans to optimize the operation by aligning resources to activity levels and meeting customer service needs to improve the overall distribution performance.
- Distribution Planning and Control with direct accountability for
- Order management
- Routing and scheduling
- Distribution Resource Optimisation
- Inventory deployment planning
- Managing the overall distribution budget and allocation of funds according to plan.
- Drive cost efficiencies and transformation through key strategic projects implementation
- Conduct analysis of Key Performance Indicators and communicate these effectively
- Support management in problem-solving operational improvement opportunities
- Ensure standardization of operating practices
- Ensure standardization of productivity measures
- Sharing of operational best practices
- Customer Collaboration for operational improvement
- Source and manage supplier and outsourced relationships effectively
- Analyse customer service delivery segmentation and mode
- Back door management
- Service time reduction
- Delivery time window optimization
- Customer service engagement
- Monitor the execution of Distribution.
- Planning execution
- Fleet image
- Rentals and or 3PLs
- RTM support
- Provide direction and leadership to teams through
- Driving empowerment and accountability
- A culture of forward-thinking
- Innovation and continuous improvement
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must hold a B Comm. or related B Degree (Business Management, Logistics or Transport)
- At least five years of experience in the logistics industry
- At least three years of line management experience
- Experience in logistics and business software systems
- Additional experience and/or exposure in sales, warehouse, or manufacturing
- Financial and business modeling experience
- Understanding of key business cost drivers
- Working knowledge of logistics operations in large FMCG organizations
- Project management skills and experience
- Analytical ability and problem-solving
- Excellent decision-making ability.
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong ownership of operational area & acceptance of accountability
- Leadership capability
- Self-starter with high energy
- Strong self-discipline and organization
- Ability to plan and implement to completion.
- Works independently as well as in a team
- High customer orientation
- Effective conflict management ability
NB: Persons with disability are encouraged to apply
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested applicants should apply online at the link below.
Deadline: 6th June 2023