Job Title: Driver (Fresher Job Opportunities)
Organisation: Mott MacDonald
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Mott MacDonald is a leading, employee-owned global management, engineering and development consultancy with £1 billion revenue and more than 14,000 staff working in 140 countries for both the public and private sectors. Our International Development Services Unit, IDS, operates portfolios within the international development sectors of Environment, Climate, Water, Roads, Rural & Urban Development, Education, Health, Social and Economic Development in over 40 countries.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Routine check-up of the vehicles; routine check-up to include but not limited to oil, brake function, water, lights & tire condition and the like
- Strictly observe Traffic Rules and Regulation and maximum speed limit as prescribed by the laws of Uganda
- Maintain assigned vehicles; always keep clean and in good condition, necessary maintenance such as washing and /or cleaning and servicing of assigned vehicles shall be done and scheduled properly for the convenience
- During the waiting time either inside or outside of the company’s premises, the driver shall always stop the engine and electric power of assigned vehicles to save consumption of fuel
- Drive the company vehicles safely and comfortably and must exercise defensive driving while on the road to prevent accident. Reckless driving shall be sufficient ground for driver’s recall and consequently be a cause of termination
- The driver shall observe strictly the company rules and regulation, policies and directives and instruction of the Company
- Assist in monitoring vehicle movements to ensure that company vehicles are properly assigned, routes logged and driver time accounted for and that at closing time for regular working hours, all vehicles are parked at the designated parking area
- It is the sole responsibility of the driver to monitor expiration and renewal of his driver’s license, PMO and Insurance without causing any inconvenience to the client or the company schedule
- Fuel and necessary expenses for the maintenance shall be at the account of the company
- Any other duties as required by your supervisor.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must hold a valid driver’s license with extensive driving experience
- Previous commercial driving experience, or have graduated from an accredited commercial driving school.
- Ability to read and write in English and perform simple mathematical calculations.
- Mental ability to handle receipts; read maps, road signs, maintain journey log etc.
- Working knowledge of vehicle safety and control systems.
- Demonstrable defensive driving experience
- Basic routine maintenance and road handling skills
- Good communication skills
- Willingness to be proactive, responsive and flexible to changing requirements of the project
- Willingness to be flexible and contribute to the company in other duties as required
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested applicants should apply online at the link below.