Job Title: Education Officer (2 Job Opportunities)
Organization: Relief International (RI)
Duty Station: Uganda
Reports to: District Field Coordinator
Relief International is an international nonprofit organization whose sole mission is to reduce human suffering. We respond to natural disasters, humanitarian emergencies and chronic poverty. Relief International combines humanitarian and development approaches to provide immediate services while laying the groundwork for long-term impact. Our signature approach — which we call the RI Way—emphasizes local participation, an integration of services, strategic partnerships, and a focus on civic skills. In this way, we empower communities to find, design and implement the solutions that work best for them.
Job Summary: The Education Officer will be responsible for the smooth and efficient implementation of the project activities in the area of implementation with the support of the supervisor & technical line manager. The position is based in Moyo and Kyegegwa Districts, with frequent travel to project sites of Palorinya and Kyaka II Refugee settlement camps respectively.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
Management: Responsible for managing closely the Program field staff and following up the progress of their work-plan and achievement against the master work plan to ensure timely completion of planned project activities.
Planning and Implementation:
- Work closely with the Project Coordinator for effective implementation of the project activities as per the work plan and project objectives.
- Assist the District Field Coordinator in preparing quarterly work plans and prepare monthly work plans based on quarterly work-plans.
- Under the guidance of the Education Program Manager work with schools and MoE’s Regional/District Education Officers on the selection of and verification of teachers for teacher training scholarships. Follow up with the selected teachers at school level to ensure they are teaching and applying the lessons they have learnt.
- Develop, maintain and improve mutual and beneficial relationships with key stakeholders and provide capacity building through advocacy (including government officials, school teachers and community leaders) to ensure successful implementation of the project)
- Ensure close coordination with M&E Officers for feedback to enhance the quality aspects of the project activities.
- Working with M&E department on facilitating FGDs and KIIs with girls at schools and uploading data online among others. Spend 50% of time in the field to follow up and monitor the implementation and adjust of school-based & community based interventions to produce field visit reports on regular basis and on ad-hoc basis.
- Maintain proper documentation of the project activities and timely upload Means of Verifications for each activity carried out (including signed distribution lists) to the Information Management System
Reporting: Prepare and share timely and accurate progressive reports periodically against the work plan to line manager.
Child Protection: Coordinate with Field Coordinators/Partners to ensure that child protection cases in targeted schools are reported, referred and followed up.
Compliance: Ensure implementation of project activities conforms with donor requirements and procedures;
- Ensure effective, streamlined communication between education programme and logistics and other support staff.
- Other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the Relief International Education Officer should preferably hold relevant qualifications
- Transparency and Accountability
- Agility and Innovation
How to Apply:
Your application must include:
- An updated Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- Letter of Interest (application cover letter).
- Photocopies of documents showing your credentials/qualifications for this position, if applicable
Address your application stating the position you are applying for to: The Human Resource Officer, Relief International Office, Uganda. Email: UgandaRecruitment@ri.org (you must indicate the position in the subject line of your email). For hand delivery, please submit your applications to, The office of Finance and Administrator, AHA, Kyaka Refugee Settlement, Kyegegwa District.
Deadline: 6th November 2018