Job Title: EMEA, 2023, Summer Internship, CCO (Several No Experience Jobs)
Organisation: Citi Bank
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Citigroup Inc. or Citi is an American multinational investment bank and financial services corporation headquartered in New York City. The company was formed by the merger of banking giant Citicorp and financial conglomerate Travelers Group in 1998; Travelers was subsequently spun off from the company in 2002. Citigroup owns Citicorp, the holding company for Citibank, as well as several international subsidiaries. Citigroup is incorporated in Delaware.
About Citi Summer Internship Program:
Our Internship programme is a 8 week internship programme commencing in June for undergraduate university students. The programme offers in-office work experience in our Chief Commercial Office in Uganda.
We provide you with the knowledge and skills you need to succeed.
Whether you’ve got prior financial industry experience or not, this internship provides an opportunity to work for one of the world’s largest financial services organisations. If your internship is successful, you could be considered for one of Citi’s full-time graduate or analyst programmes.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
The program starts with a firm wide orientation where you’ll learn about our culture, as well as the benefits and responsibilities of being a member of Citi. You will receive real time responsibilities to give you a sense of what you would be doing on a day to day basis, as a full-time Citi employee. With fellow interns, you will work alongside leaders within Citi. Hands on work experience as a member of the team you are selected for
- Get a solid understanding of the broad range of financial services and products Citi provides
- Understand the business and client needs – we strive to create the best outcomes for our clients with financial ingenuity that simple, creative and responsible solutions
- Conduct research and analyze industry trends to support our bespoke advice and superior value proposition
- Participate in client development – Citi aims to be the best banking partner for our clients by delivering differentiated client experiences and maintaining a reputation of excellence and integrity
We want to hear from you if…
- We look for highly motivated candidates with a strong work ethic, a positive and proactive mindset, and a firm desire to learn and succeed
- A keen interest in financial markets and current affairs is critical
- We value diverse thinking and encourage students from all degree disciplines to consider our opportunities.
- Studies in Finance, Accounting, Economics, Mathematics, Actuarial Science, Engineering and Information Technology subjects are beneficial but not essential
- You are due to be graduating in 2024
- On course to achieve a 2:1 (or equivalent) at undergraduate level in any degree
- You have an interest in business
- You are fluent in a 2nd language (this is desirable but not essential)
- Applicants to attached their CV, Cover Letter and Updated Academic History
Who we think will be a great fit.
- Extensive work experience is not a requirement, but dedication to learning and a true passion for the business are vital. We’ll be looking for the following:
- Desire to develop a deep understanding of the financial markets and banking industry
- Analytical and quantitative skills
- Strong communication, planning and organizational skills
- Knowledge of the global or domestic business landscape
- A strong desire to learn and success in team environments
- Commitment to personal growth and career development
NB: We review applications on a rolling basis and therefore encourage you to apply as soon as possible. Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
How to Apply:
All interested candidates should apply at the link below.