Job Title: Enrolled Nurses (Fresher Job Opportunities)
Organisation: Comprehensive Rehabilitation Services for people with disability in Uganda (CoRSU)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Job Ref No: CHJ/JUL/J104
Reports To: Head of Nursing through a unit In-charge
Comprehensive Rehabilitation Services for people with disability in Uganda (CoRSU) was established in 2006 as a private non-profit, nongovernmental organization and is supported by CBM (Christian Blind Mission). CoRSU provides Orthopaedic Surgery, Plastic Surgery and Rehabilitation, mainly for children as well as adults with disability.
Job Summary: To provide individualized patient care to a diversity of patients and make significant difference in the lives of patients and their families.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Order and pick drugs from pharmacy and always keep proper accountability.
- Ensure enough supplies for the unit by requesting for the required items. e.g. drugs, consumables, stationary etc.
- Ensure there is enough clean linen on the unit with proper accountability.
- Administer drugs on time as prescribed by doctor.
- Insert intravenous cannula when prescribed.
- Carry out nursing procedures.
- Disinfect, wash and send the instruments to the sterilisation room.
- Monitor patients’ vitals regularly and as per doctors’ instructions; and keep proper records.
- Monitor, give appropriate nursing care to patients and document properly/ professionally to enable continuity of care.
- Identify patient care requirements by establishing rapport with the patient as well as his relatives
- Uphold patients’ dignity and confidentiality in all patient care operations.
- Maintain cooperative relationship among health care teams by communicating information, responding to requests and participating in problem-solving methods.
- Protect patients and employees from hospital acquired infections by adhering to infection control policies and protocols. (universal precautions)
- Maintain cleanliness of work station while keeping it tidy and free from infection by following infection control procedures and protocols (Carry out cleaning and disinfection of the unit daily).
- Account for all patients on the unit; report anything out of the ordinary.
- Account for all the hospital equipment in the department and report any defects.
- Comply with the procedures, regulations, and rules in maintaining medical records.
- Dress wounds under aseptic techniques and disinfect the room after the dressing procedure.
- Counselling and health educating patients and attendants.
- Disinfect and scrub instruments, fold gauze, cotton wool and take drums to the autoclave.
- Translating for patients where need arises.
- Respond to any other duties assigned by immediate supervisor.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- Certificate of Enrolment in Nursing and Registration with the Uganda Nurses and Midwives Council (UNMC) are essential.
- Good computer knowledge and skills and good customer care especially when dealing with children having a disability are desirable.
- At least two years’ work experience in a general Hospital is essential
- Experience working in an orthopaedic and plastic / reconstructive surgery hospital or working in an operating Theatre is of added advantage.
- Knowledge of local languages is desirable
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested applicants should apply online at the link below.
Deadline: 8th July 2022