Job Title: Entebbe Member Service Representative (Customer Service Jobs)
Organisation: United Nations Federal Credit Union (UNFCU)
Duty Station: Entebbe, Uganda
United Nations Federal Credit Union (UNFCU) is a global not-for-profit financial institution that serves the UN community. We are committed to providing peace of mind to our members and colleagues and strive to achieve service excellence in all that we do. The best part of UNFCU is the people. Those that choose to work with us often find personal fulfillment, professional growth and a purposeful culture.
Job Summary: Under general supervision provide superior service to UNFCU membership promptly and courteously within established guidelines, most often facilitated through building effective relationships and diligent problem solving. Responsible for determining members’ financial needs and making referrals where necessary, promoting the Credit Union’s product line, processing new accounts/loan applications, resolving issues with member accounts/loans, and assisting members to the fullest extent possible.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide a memorable member experience at each and every touch point.
- Deepen connections with members to better understand their needs by asking effective questions and building relationships.
- Become a trusted advisor to members by presenting the features and benefits of UNFCU’s products and services that will best satisfy their current and future
- Investigate issues with member accounts/loans, determine action necessary to resolve the issues, and ensure action is taken in a timely fashion; follow up to ensure that the issue is corrected, and keep members informed of the status of their issues.
- Ensure compliance with applicable regulations and UNFCU policies and procedures, and keep abreast of changing/new regulations, UNFCU products, procedures and technology.
- Verify eligibility of prospective members, establish new memberships, and open new accounts.
- Respond to members’ telephone inquiries and requests, and prepare responses to member correspondence.
- Maintain confidentiality of all member account information.
- Assist with various functions that contribute towards the increased efficiency of the office, including but not limited to performing clerical/reception duties when necessary.
- Make member presentations and carry out member service calls to members within their location and out of duty stations as required.
- Participate in Credit Union training programs.
- Exhibit flexibility and perform any other functions as requested by management.
Also Read: Child Protection Officer Job – ALIGHT
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must be a University graduate
- At least four years of experience in a financial institution
- Knowledge of regulations pertaining to accounts, services, confidentiality and lending, and/or ability and willingness to learn these as well as other skills and practices
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and the ability to learn and use other applications
- Must possess a friendly, positive and strong service orientation
- Excellent oral and written communication skills (English required)
- Excellent interpersonal skills, tact and diplomacy, and have awareness and sensitivity to cultural differences of others
- Standard office conditions
- Willingness to travel and work overtime hours when required
- What makes you stand out
- Experience with retail banking products and mortgage financing products
- Written and/or verbal proficiency in French
How to Apply:
All candidates should apply online at the link below.