Job Title: Environment Inspector (Oil and Gas)
Organisation: National Environment Management Authority (NEMA)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Senior Environment Inspector (Oil and Gas)
Job Ref: NEMA/ADV/EXT/26/2022
The National Environment Management Authority (hereinafter called “NEMA”) was established under the National Environment Act, Cap.153 in May 1995 and continued under the National Environment Act No.5 of 2019 as the principal agency for environment management in Uganda charged with regulating, supervising and coordinating all activities relating to the environment.
Job Summary: The Environment Inspector (Oil and Gas) will support the environmental audits and monitoring function of the Authority.
Key Duties and Responsibilities: Support the Senior Environment Inspector (Oil and Gas) to:
- Review environmental and social impact assessment (ESIA) and audit reports;
- Carry out post ESIA inspections and audits to ensure implementation of mitigation measures and protection of threatened sites;
- Work in liaison with Environment Inspector (Laboratory), quality assure the integrity of environmental monitoring equipment;
- Ensure compliance with environmental legislation and verify the accuracy of environmental impact predictions;
- Provide compliance assistance to the regulated communities where required;
- Maintain a database on environmental profiles of activities, projects and facilities;
- Develop training programmes for stakeholders on environment management;
- Support research on oil and gas activities; and,
- Perform any other duties assigned.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must hold a Bachelor’s degree in any of the following: Environmental and/or Natural Resource Management, Natural Science, Environmental Engineering, Civil Engineering, Industrial Chemistry or Chemical Engineering.
- At least three years of work experience; two of which should be in environment audits and monitoring in a reputable organization.
- Demonstrable thorough understanding of Environmental Laws of Uganda;
- Good communication and interpersonal skills;
- Good morals and high level of integrity;
- High level of confidentiality;
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified candidates should fill an online form available at the link below attaching requisite academic transcripts and certificates at the link below.
Deadline: 17th August 2022 by 5:00pm
NB: Applicants who will not have heard from us by September 30, 2022 should consider their applications unsuccessful.
For More Information, or news about universities in Uganda. Kindly Click on Our WhatsApp group below. Thank You https://chat.whatsapp.com/DOA1rJLC81nINwPAFwmkul