The Forum for African Women Educationalists (FAWE) Uganda Chapter announces the availability of scholarship opportunities for the year 2020.
Number of Available Scholarships
The Scholarship Fund targets 10 needy but bright girls from economically disadvantaged families to attain secondary education starting this year 2020.
- Applicants must be in Secondary School both O and A level.
- Applicants must be Ugandan
- Other vulnerability aspects to be considered will include: young people living with disability, HIV/AIDS–infected or affected, orphaned (total or partial).
- Applicants should not be beneficiaries of any other bursary scheme or scholarship.
- Must be from economically disadvantaged background.
- The Applicant must be willing to give back to his/her community.
How to apply
- A hand written application clearly explaining the need for a bursary, indicating the name of the parent/guardian, village of residence and the Sub-county.
- A copy of the most recent Primary Leaving Education (PLE) or Uganda Certificate of Education (UCE) result slip and most recent termly report cards from your school.
- Reference letter by school Head Teacher (current or past if dropped out of school).
- Letter from home area (residence) Local council 1 to ascertain locality and used to trace home for verification and on spot checking.
- All applications should have been submitted by Wednesday, 12th February 2020 at 5:00pm as the deadline after which no applications shall be accepted.
- A map of the applicant’s home for ease of location during the verification exercise.
- For further enquiry and assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us on 0772 487299 / 0392 894901 / 0774 259060 / 0706 322429
- For more information on how to apply, please visit: www.faweuganda.org
Please note that;
- All documents submitted will be subjected to thorough verification including home visits of successful applicants before final approval and award.
- Only shortlisted applicants will be notified at every stage of the selection process.
- Inaccurate information or misrepresentation of facts on any part of the application will lead to automatic disqualification from the scholarship fund.