Job Title: Finance and Administration Assistant
Organisation: Water for People
Duty Station: Lubigi – Kampala, Uganda
Reports To: Briquette Managing Director
Supervisor Duties: Finance Assistant
Water For People is a global nonprofit that helps people bring clean water and sanitation solutions to their communities for generations to come
Job Summary: To support the operation of a finance and administration system at the briquette production facility and the dumping bay that will support the efficient running of the business.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure strict adherence to the recommended prices of our products.
- Reconcile both daily cash and stock opening and closing balances.
- Maintain correct records of raw materials, machines, stock and sales.
- Receive and process customers’ orders and ensure timely delivery.
- Conduct desk sales especially for inactive customers.
- Compile, reconcile and share financial reports every month with the managing director and finance department.
- To maintain and operationalize a cashless system of payments for stock, services and goods provided and needed by the briquette plant.
- To ensure that the briquette plant have all necessary books of accounts including but not limited to cash books, receipt books, sales, inventory, asset register, etc.
- Manage the imprest fund at the briquette production plant.
- Timely processing and submission of casual labourers’ payments.
- To maintain simple excel financial reports for both facilities every month to be shared with financial department and GAU tracking input output balances and bankings.
- Any other duties as requested by finance team at the main office.
- Support the briquette production plant with aspects of staff management like tracking casual labourers’ contracts, attendance sheets, discipline and rules of procedure at the plant.
- Requesting for and managing office supplies.
- Capturing, compiling and sharing minutes in staff meetings.
- To support the monthly purchase of production and operational input for the briquette production plant.
- Supervise the premises, materials, stock and staff to ensure security of company assets and mitigate pilferage.
- Resolve customer complaints, guide them and provide relevant information.
- Maintain a safe, clean and conducive working environment in and around the briquette plant.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal applicant must hold a Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Commerce, and or Business Administration (Accounting option) or a Diploma in the relevant field desirable.
- At least two years’ experience.
- Proven knowledge of financial accounting procedures, clear understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Knowledge of computer applications and conversant in Word processing, Spreadsheet, and at least one accounting package.
- Track record of working in a team with different backgrounds and expertise.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work in a team-oriented environment.
How to Apply:
All Interested applicants are required to submit their application, CV with 3 referees of which two should be work related referees or recent supervisors and testimonials at Water For People office.
Deadline: 26th August 2022