Job Title: Finance and Administration Manager
Organization: ARPE Ltd.
Duty Station: Gulu, Uganda
Salary: USD 2,000 – 2,800 (gross) per month
ARPE Ltd. is a developer of renewable energy projects in Uganda and is currently developing the Achwa Hydro Power Project (“Achwa HPP2”). ARPE Ltd. consists of two shareholders, Berkeley Energy, who through the Africa Renewable Energy Fund, are the majority shareholder, and PAC spa, the original developer of the project. ARPE Ltd is preparing to commence construction of Achwa HPP2 and wishes to employ a suitably experienced individual to manage all the in-country finances and administration aspects of the 42MW Achwa Hydropower Project (HPP2).
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Organise, review and update project budgets.
- The job holder will coordinate the processing of invoices, expenses and payments by ARPE Ltd.
- In charge of preparing all supporting information for annual audits with the approved external or internal auditor.
- Experience dealing with compliance issues within a start-up business or division a distinct advantage.
- The Manager will oversee the remittance of tax obligations
- Offer day to day line management of the project accounting and administrative staff.
- Maintain a consistent and effective day to day business and office operation.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant should preferably hold a Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Business or Accounting from a reputable institution.
- At least five years’ experience at Finance Manager/Supervisor Level.
- Past finance and accounting experience.
- Adequate working knowledge of the local tax and other relevant legislation and shareholder obligations.
- Past experience in office management administration.
- Possession of Legal experience is an advantage.
- Unblemished employment history.
- Fluency in both written and oral English is required
How to Apply for the job:
All interested candidates should send their applications addressed to the “Project Director, Achwa HPP2” to: email@example.com. The complete application must include an application letter and updated CV (in pdf formant) including at least two references, physical address, email and telephone contacts.
Deadline: 26th June 2015 by 17:00hrs East African Time.
NB: Applicants who do not receive a response us by 30th June 2015 should consider their application unsuccessful.