Job Title: Finance and Administration Officer (3 Jobs)
Organisation: Uganda Episcopal Conference (UEC)
Duty Station: Rwenzori, Soroti, West Nile, Uganda
Reports to: Finance and Compliance Manager
The Uganda Episcopal Conference (UEC), the legal body of Catholic Bishops of Uganda with funding from Centers for Diseases Control and Prevention (CDC) is implementing the Comprehensive HIV Epidemic Control project through FBO/PNFP health facilities in the seven CDC supported regions within Uganda. The project supports PNFP facilities in Masaka, Kampala, Mubende, Soroti, Hoima, West Nile and Rwenzori regions. Internally the project is known and shortened as FLASH– Faith Led Action to Sustain HIV Epidemic Control. The five-year project (Oct 2020- Sept 2025) is in its 3rd year of implementation.
Job Summary: The Finance and Administration Officer offers guidance to supported sites on financial management, conducts monthly support supervision, collects liquidation reports from facilities, verifies accuracy and compliance to UEC and donor requirements. S/he facilitates sites to submit quarterly requests, budget reviews, funds reallocation and supports finance report generation.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare cash forecasts for the Regional Office and review budget forecasts for the Regional Sub recipients to ensure they are in line with the approved grant budgets and monitor partners’ budgets throughout the year.
- Assist Program Staff in developing grant budgets that align with their work plans.
- Conduct financial reviews for Sub-recipients (partners) to evaluate compliance with UEC and Donor regulations.
- Timely and accurate verification of sub recipient advances and liquidations of HIV/AIDS related activities ensuring that all expenses are coded to the appropriate account codes, expenses are within budget and are adequately supported and are authentic.
- Provide general capacity building to counterparts in areas of budgeting, broad financial management and programmatic accountability.
- Monitoring and evaluation of partner advances /grants and assisting partners/grantees with advice and practical guidelines on financial matters.
- Assist the Project Accountant with month end reporting.
- Review all substantiating source documentation to ensure that they comply with GAAP, A-122 and all relevant USG regulations,
- Conduct reconciliation and monitoring of the grant data entered in the NAVISION accounting software.
- Prepare payment requests, vouchers for accuracy and completeness for payment.
- Perform monthly bank reconciliations and submits to Project accountant for review.
- Ensure compliance with donor rules and regulations
- Review and process cash advances for Partners.
- In close collaboration with the Regional Team Lead oversees the arrangement of staff and visitors’ travel within and outside the region.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must hold a B.Com/BBA with Accounting option
- At least three years of work experience in a busy finance environment; NAVISON knowledge and experience in Health-related NGO operations, regulations and compliance issues.
- Part qualification in CPA, ACCA at level II and above is an added advantage.
- Computer Literacy with Competency in MS word, MS Excel and accounting software.
- Team player with excellent written and oral communication skills in English.
- The person must be able to work with minimum supervision.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks at a time and work effectively with colleagues from different backgrounds.
How to Apply:
All eligible and interested candidates should apply and attach their signed CVs, copies of certificates, degrees, and testimonials. Suitable candidates residing in highlighted regions are encouraged to apply. Applications indicating duty station applied for and job reference number should be directed to the address below;
The Secretary General
Uganda Catholic Secretariat
Plot 672, Hanlon Road, Nsambya Hill
P.O. Box 2886
Deadline: 21st October 2022