Job Title: Finance Officer – Revenue Accountant
The National Information Technology Authority-Uganda (NITA-U) was established as a statutory body under the National Information Technology Authority, Uganda Act, 2009 as one of the key players in the Information and Communications Technology Sector. Its mandated is to coordinate, promote and monitor IT development within the context of national social and economic development, with a vision as “a facilitator of a knowledge-based, globally competitive Uganda where social transformation and economic development is supported through IT enabled services.”
Job Summary: The Finance Officer Revenue Accounting will be responsible for the accurate invoicing of clients; cash collections; reporting of revenue and accounting data across all Authority’s business revenue centres.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Creating and maintaining documentation directly related to revenue accounting and related policies, procedures and practices;
- Establishing and maintaining a robust billing and revenue management systems in the Authority.
- Preparing and issuing accurate and timely invoices or demand notes for services rendered and issuing reminders and final notices to NITA-U Clientele.
- Preparing and or reviewing billing and sales analysis reports generated internally and or submitted by private contractors respectively.
- Recording, reviewing, summarising and posting of cash returns and reconciliation of cash collection accounts.
- Prepare and post journal entries, process transactions, undertake reconciliations, and manage GL revenue accounts activity in general to ensure balances are recorded and reported accurately in accordance with GAAP.
- Actively coordinates the timely close of Accounts Receivables in accordance with reporting deadlines including review of outstanding accounts receivable aging, research aged items, and complete period end analysis reconciliation to general ledger.
- Compile and send timely reports including aged debtors analysis reports to assist with the recovery of all outstanding debts;
- Work cross-functionally and collaboratively with other Directorates and departments to resolve issues, complete projects, and accurate and timely client billing and revenue collection.
- Create and maintain standard Finance & Accounting and management-level reports – usually distributed monthly, quarterly and annually; develop ad hoc reporting as may be required or directed.
- Offer technical input and guidance in the computation and or analysis of relevant IT product and service costs as a basis for full cost recovery in pricing the Authority’s services
- Carry out any other duties as may be assigned by the Manager Finance or Management from time to time.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant should preferably hold a Degree with honours in BCOM, BBA, Bachelors of Finance and Accounting from a recognised University is a requirement. Post Graduate qualification in a relevant field will be an added advantage.
- Full membership of the Institute of Certified Public Accountants of Uganda (ICPA-U) is a requirement.
- Full Membership of Internationally Recognized Professional Accounting Body (ACCA, CIMA, CA etc.) will be an added advantage.
- A minimum of three or more years working experience with a reputable public, private commercial or donor funded organization.
- Hand on practical experience in cost and management accounting and or pricing of IT products/services in particular gained with a busy telecom service provider is an added advantage.
- Extensive knowledge of public service financial and human resource information systems (IFMS, IPPS, OBT) will be an added advantage.
- Good computer literacy skills (Preferably Microsoft office Applications).
- Practical skills on Computerized Accounting Information System;
- Possess the ability to work on own initiative;
- Excellent business acumen.
- Capacity to establish credibility, and trust and partnership.
- Excellent analytical and problem –solving skills.
- Excellent communication and report writing skills;
Professionalism: Demonstrates professional competence and mastery of subject matter. Is conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines and achieving results. Shows persistence when faced with difficult problems or challenges. Remains calm in stressful situations. Is motivated by professional rather than personal concerns.
Confidentiality and Integrity: Demonstrates confidentiality and the values of NITA-U in daily activities and behaviours.
Communication: Speaks and writes clearly and effectively. Listens to others, correctly interprets messages from others and responds appropriately. Asks questions to clarify, and exhibits interest in having two-way communication. Tailors language, tone, style and format to match the audience.
Client Orientation: Considers all those to whom services are provided to be “clients” and seeks to see things from clients’ point of view. Establishes and maintains productive partnerships with clients by gaining their trust and respect
Accountability: Takes ownership of all responsibilities and honours commitments. Delivers outputs for which one has responsibility within prescribed time, cost and quality standards. Operates in compliance with organizational regulations and rules. Takes personal responsibility for his/her own shortcomings and those of the work department, where applicable
How to Apply for the job:
All candidates who meet the job requirements/specifications and with the right personal attributes are invited to complete and submit their application form, download here, with a cover letter, supported by curriculum vitae, copies of certificates and testimonials, and must specify day time telephone contact, postal and email addresses of both the applicant and three referees, to the address below.
The Executive Director,
National Information Technology
Authority – UGANDA (NITA-U),
Palm Courts, Plot 7A, Rotary Avenue (former lugogo bypass)
P.O. Box 33151, Kampala-Uganda
Tel: 0417 801 038
Or via email: email@example.com (application must not exceed 10MBs)
Applicants must also submit with their application verifiable evidence supporting previous relevant appointments such as appointment letters and employment contracts.
Deadline: 28th November, 2014 (Not later than 17.00 hrs. Local Time).
NB: No application will be accepted without a duly completed and signed standard application form (refer to above).