Job Title: Global Finance Officer
Organisation: Johanniter-Unfall-Hilfe e.V. / Johanniter International Assistance
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda (may be required to travel to the respective Country Offices)
Country office: Global Support Unit
Reporting to: Global Finance Coordinator (first line supervisor)
Global Finance Manager (second line supervisor)
Receives technical advice from: Global Finance Manager
Gives technical advice to: Country Office Finance Staff
Standing in for: Global Finance Coordinator, Global Finance Manager
Replaced by: Global Finance Coordinator
Johanniter-Unfall-Hilfe e.V. is a German Christian non-governmental organ-isation, dedicated to excellence in the field of first aid, ambulance service, social service pro-grammes and other projects in the medical and social field. The Federal Headquarters are based in Berlin, Germany. Johanniter International Assistance is the operational unit for humanitarian aid, development co-operation and emergency relief, implementing and supporting mostly health projects worldwide.
Job Summary: In order to deliver Johanniter’s 2027 strategy, Johanniter wants to strengthen its operational pro-cesses and systems across the organization, the GSU and more so the Global Finance aims to strengthen country offices as 1st level of control of their operational business with GSU functioning as a 2nd level of control for operational support.
The Global Finance Officer will support the above by being responsible for reviewing all support documents for country transactions across all Johanniter programmes. S/he will provide 2nd level of control and compliance. They will ensure the compliance and completeness of the support docu-ments which are uploaded into the 4JUH platform and to assist Country Offices, with capacity de-velopment and training. This will require attention to detail in Country voucher verification and the ability to perform qualitative analysis of conformity to Johanniter policies and guidelines as well as ensuring that country programmes comply with donor requirements.
S/he will provide assistance to Country Offices and their partner (where applicable) to be account-able for their responsibilities, to ensure that effective financial and logistics principles and protocols are in place. The Global Finance Officer will support the Global Finance Coordinator in providing all round financial management, support to GSU Finance and non-finance staff and helping to maintain day to day financial operations for the Unit.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Review monthly closing checklists, with reconciliations prepared by each country office to ensure completeness
- On the monthly basis, control quality of vouchers uploaded on 4JUH, and propose correc-tions/amendment, whenever required
- Review of all country office vouchers and ensuring compliance with JUH Finance guideline
- Review all booking lists against vouchers on monthly basis, ensuring expenditures are booked under their respective budgets, and propose corrections/amendment whenever re-quired
- Participate in maintaining quality in all aspects of Johanniter Financial Management
- On monthly basis, regularly update voucher checking progress document and quality pro-gress of all country offices
- Regularly update vouchers checking trackers (COs progress) and share with GSU Finance Coordinator
- Manage GSU bank account and petty cash (UGX,USD, EUR):
- Prepare payment slip ( cover sheet, internal receipt etc….) and ensure all payments request are approved prior to payment
- Prepare excel cashbook and upload in Sun System as well as cash reconciliataionAssist in doing monthly balance sheet reconciliations for the GSU and ensuring that any reconciling items are cleared on time
- Upload GSU monthly closing documents and vouchers on 4JUH
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal applicant must hold a Relevant Bachelor’s Degree from a recognized university (preferably in Accounting and Finance with a minimum of 4 years working experience in Accounting in an INGO set-up
- Qualification in Accounting, Finances or Business Administration from recognized university
- Minimum of four years of accountancy experience, with at least 3 years of having worked in INGO.
- Knowledge of accounting software (SUN)
- A minimum of 4 years’ experience working preferably with International NGOs or project de-velopment
- Experience of donor’s financial reporting requirements
- Experience of German donors
- Good knowledge of procurement procedures
Skills and Competencies:
- Excellent attention to detail at all times
- Excellent computer skills particularly excel and Microsoft office in general
- Good analytical and reporting skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong ability to be able to manage and prioritize multiple tasks
- Experience in multi-cultural environment,
- Knowledge of SUN Systems Accounting software
- Experience of institutional donor compliance
- Experience in multi-cultural environment
- Level II CPA
What we offer
Remuneration: average Salary of UGX 4m to 5 million depending on experience & qualification
Other benefits: Medical cover
GPA 13TH Cheque
How to Apply:
Applications for this position (including a cover letter, CV, professional references contacts of three former supervisors as well as job certificates if available) should be sent to: email@example.com
Please indicate “ GSU-Global Finance Officer”, In the subject line of your e-mail and in the application mention your earliest date of availability.
Only complete applications will be considered and only short-listed candidates will be notified.
Please note: This Job Description is dynamic and can be adapted. The employee is obliged, apart from the above cited tasks, to fulfil, on demand by his/her supervisor, other tasks that belong by its character to the post or are necessary due to operational needs.
Deadline: Friday 11th July 2022