Job Title: Grants Manager/Grants Solicitor/Promoter
Organisation: Mahanaim for Children and Women Uganda
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Executive Director
Job type: Part-time (Hourly basis)
Mahanaim for Children and Women- (MCW) is an indigenous non-governmental organization with our offices located in Nakawa division, Plot 34 Off Queens way Maxima, Bangkok Minister’s village Ntinda. At Mahanaim, we aim at building the local capacity of the vulnerable communities for justice, equality, sustainable change, and development through our integrated approach that takes into account the following activities: Health, Education, Gender-based violence and equality, Empowerment of communities through skilling, provision of safe drinking water, and environmental protection prioritizing children and women.
To build local capacity for justice, equality, sustainable change, and development in Uganda.
To serve humanity so all can be free from Injustice, Inequality, poverty, and disease in Uganda.
The following are our objectives;
- To provide basic education and health care to the vulnerable communities/children.
- To eradicate gender-based violence and gender inequality in society.
- To rehabilitate and improve access to priority rural feeder roads for economic development by eradicating rural mass poverty through livelihood activities like skilling, cash for work, and giving of grant incentives.
- To provide safe drinking water to the vulnerable communities.
- To sustain and protect the environment and all its surroundings.
Our likely areas of intervention:
- Education (Prioritizing needy children and school drop outs).
- Health (Prioritizing young adolescent mothers & infants).
- Gender-based violence issues.
- Feeder road repairs using manual techniques.
- Water, Sanitation, and Hygiene- WASH activities with much emphasis on clean water provision and protection.
- Environment here we do nursery bed raising, tree planting, and woodlot establishments.
Job Summary: The Grants Manager/solicitor/promoter’s primary duties are to prospect, identify, and solicit funding from individual well-wishers, funding agencies, embassies, private foundations, corporate foundations; and assist with other resource outreach and fundraising activities, as required.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Soliciting for funding/ resource mobilization.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- Proven and previous grants solicited for Non-profits.
- Proven grant prospecting ability.
- Excellent writing and editing skills.
- Highly motivated, organized, detailed oriented, and efficient.
- Proficiency with relevant technology, including zoom, email, word processing, and spreadsheets.
- Ability to work with minimal or no supervision.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified candidates should share their profiles to email@example.com and copy to firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: 1st August 2022