The Academic Registrar, Makerere University, informs all students to follow the guidelines below as regards to registration for Semester One, 2015/2016 Academic Year.
(a) First Years
Please note the following:
- The Provisional admission letters are being issued at the respective Colleges/Schools up to Friday 28th August, 2015.
- All privately sponsored first year students should pay 60% tuition and all functional fees before issuance of original admission letters which will be collected at the respective Colleges/Schools from Friday 28th August, 2015.
- This is to inform you that for a candidate to qualify to be a bonafide student of the University, he/she MUST be registered. Registration is a mandatory requirement of the University which must be done within the first Two (2) weeks from the beginning of the semester. Failure to do so will automatically lead to your place being forfeited to another candidate. Get the Registration Programmes and bio-data forms/Registration forms from your respective Colleges/Schools.
- Change of Programme/Subjects forms will be issued and received back from Monday 24th to Friday 28th August, 2015 in the Undergraduate Admissions Office, Level 3, Senate Building.
- Admission letters for students admitted under the District Quota Scheme will be issued at their respective Colleges/Schools from Thursday 27th August, 2015.
- Registration will commence on Monday 31st August, 2015 at your respective Colleges/Schools and will end on 11th September, 2015. Ensure that you complete all the required registration formalities within the prescribed time as per the Fees Payment Policy.
- For registration purposes all first year students MUST produce their Original documents as indicated on their admission letters and Freshers’ Joining Instructions.
(b) Continuing Students
- To enable University functions run normally, all students MUST register within the first two (2) weeks irrespective of whether they have paid fees or not.
- The Cycle for online registration for the Academic year 2015/2016, Semester One has been opened for all continuing students. The system cycle will be open for two weeks and the deadline for registration will be Friday 11th September, 2015. Once registered each student is enabled to print the financial statement which shall be used as evidence of payment of fees.
- Students who belong to the under listed categories are advised to contact College/School Registrars before they can register:
- Retakes Cases
- Stay Put Cases
- Withdrawal cases
- Audited Courses
- Extension Cases
In case of any problem, consult your College/School Registrars. College Accountants are responsible for providing the financial status to all students and generating lists of paid up students to the Deans. They will also clear paid up students to be issued the examination permits before sitting University examinations.
All privately sponsored students should pay 100% fees (tuition and functional fees) by the end of the sixth (6th) week.
Any student, who will not have registered and paid all University dues by Friday 2nd October, 2015 will not be allowed to use University facilities.