HR and Payroll Administrator
[ Type: FULL TIME, Industry: Nonprofit, and NGO, Category: Human Resources ]
Deadline of this Job:
28th June 2019
Within Uganda, Kampala, East Africa
Date Posted: Wednesday, June 12, 2019, Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The HR and Payroll Administrator will be required to deliver accurate and effective day to day operational HR/Payroll services and guidance to the NGO. The HR and Payroll Administrator is responsible for the accurate upkeep of all HR related files, documents and systems ensuring compliance with NGO standards, procedures and employment legislation. The HR and Payroll Administrator will support the team by producing a range of documents (including but not limited to contracts of employment, contract renewals or changes, declarations of intent, study agreements etc.) in line with NGO policy and support the compensation and benefits, payroll and training processes accordingly.
He/she will answer employee queries around salary and benefits in a timely manner.
Payroll, Benefits and Reward
• Administer benefits and pension data uploads and monthly benefits closure process through the relevant online tools and update providers accordingly;
• Responsible for the timely and accurate maintenance of all the HRIS systems in regard to starters, leavers, salary changes, hours of work, change in terms, promotions etc., and the annual update of holiday entitlements and salaries;
• Ensure all Payroll actions are completed in a timely and effective manner;
• Ensure all NGO data is up to date in relation to cost centres, departmental codes and reporting lines
ensuring timely completion for the reporting of headcount and FTE data;
• Answer benefits and payroll queries as raised by employees;
• Annual calculation and update of the holiday allowances in the NGO HRIS tool and communication to the individual employees.
• Support with compilation and issuance of contracts of employment and hire packs to new starters following offers;
• Log the return of appraisal, development plans and other associated documentation to ensure the process is followed to required deadlines.
• Ensure all employee files (paper and online), HR filing systems and documentation are appropriately filed, catalogued and archived as appropriate in a timely and accurate manner;
• Manage the general “HR” inbox, redirecting non-administrative queries to the relevant member of the HR team accordingly.
Policy Development & Continuous Improvement
• Make recommendations for improvements to systems, processes, procedures, documents and forms in an effort to continually improve HR Service to the NGO;
• Support accreditation processes by ensuring adequate preparation, implementation and adherence to procedures and process as required;
• Actively participate in charity fundraising within the organisation;
• Attendance at regular review meetings and team meetings;
• Communicate effectively with other teams and departments to facilitate an environment of collaboration and support across the organization;
• Exhibit and encourage a clear, simple communication style, and act as a role model for the corporate value system (clarity, anticipation, and compassion) and competency framework.
Job Education Requirements: Degree
Skills and experience
Essential Skills & Experience
• Vocational degree HR/Payroll related field
• Available for 32 hours a week.
• 1-2 years of experience as an HR/Payroll assistant or relevant human resources/administrative position
• Solid experience of using, administering and reporting skills
• Exceptional organisation skills
• Excellent attention to detail
• Good level of numeracy and computer literacy (good Excel skills)
• Payroll or Pensions Auto Enrolment knowledge/experience
• Strong team player
Job application procedure
All applications to be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org not later than 28th June 2019