Job Title: Human Resource Administrator (Fresher Job Opportunities)
Organisation: Mukwano Industries Uganda Limited
Duty Station: Uganda
Reports to: Human Resource Manager,
Job Ref. No. MIUL/HRA-PB
The Mukwano Group of Companies is the leading manufacturer of Fast Moving Consumer Goods (FMCG) in the Great Lakes region, producing a wide range of market leader brands in soaps, edible cooking oils and fats, detergents, beverages, personal care products and plastics
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Liaise with Selection and Appraisal Advisor in facilitating shop floor recruitment, performance appraisal, contract renewals, confirmations, promotions, and complying with manpower optimization reports.
- Liaise with Training and Development Advisor to conduct and evaluate Training done at the shop floor
- Liaise with the Employee Relations and Welfare Advisor in motivating and disciplining employees by participating in all welfare activities such as award ceremonies and disciplinary inquiries respectively at the shop floor
- Help employees understand the company General Rules and Regulations and Collective Bargaining Agreement
- Ensure daily staff attendance, shift schedules, and all leaves taken are updated in a timely manner
- Liaise with Payroll advisor to cross-check attendance reports generated from logic time, where need to be rectified, and handle absenteeism cases
- Sensitize staff concerning the importance and appropriate use of the punching machine as well as the consequences of failing to comply
- In liaison with other supervisors at the shop floor ensure staff overtime and night allowance data is compiled and submitted to Payroll Advisor by the monthly cut off date i.e. 20th of every month
- Conduct routine manpower and plant checks to ensure all staff complies with established policies and procedures, following up and resolving of issues within the plant
- Ensure all employees adhere and comply with PPE (Personnel Protective Equipment) requirements
- Conduct biweekly roll call of all staff on the shop floor
- Receive loans, leave, and salary advance applications, forwarding them to Human Resource Department and making a follow-up
- Oversee monthly soap distribution as well as accountability and ensuring soap list is up-to-date as per current man power
- Advise and help the Business Unit Manager on human resource-related issues and to deal with employees at plant
- Attend to minor disciplinary issues, help in enforcing discipline among employees, and generate incident and accident reports to be submitted to Employee Relations and Welfare advisor
- Prepare weekly reports to be submitted to the Human Resource Manager*.
- Maintain an updated track sheet of daily attendance, manpower, and production in metric tonnes for weekly and monthly submission to the Human Resource Manager and General Manager Management Services*. Perform any other duties assigned from time to time.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal applicant must Bachelor’s degree in Human Resource Management, Psychology; Social Sciences, Social Work, and other related discipline
- At least One year of working experience in a similar role in a large company
- Communication skills and Interpersonal skills,
- Knowledge of existing labor laws
- Result Oriented,
- Records management skills*Knowledge of computer packages*Counseling skills
How to Apply:
Interested candidates should visit our website i.e Click Here go to the career page and upload the Cover letter; CV, and Academic Credentials OR send their Cover letter, CV, and academic documents to email@example.com stating the Job Ref No. in the subject line.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted after the closing date. Any form of canvassing is prohibited.
All successful candidates will be offered competitive remuneration packages.
Deadline: 6th July 2022