Job Title: Human Resources Analyst
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Human Resources Coordinator
ALIGHT, formerly the American Refugee Committee (ARC), is an international non-profit, non-sectarian organization that has provided humanitarian assistance and training to millions of beneficiaries over the last 40 years. In 2011, Alight helped nearly 2.5 million people get essential services to regain their health and take back control of their lives. Alight works with its partners and constituencies to provide opportunities and expertise to communities of refugees and internally displaced persons in seven countries in Africa, Asia and Europe, including Iraq, Kosovo, and in the Darfur region of Sudan and is currently providing for emergency relief and recovery in Haiti. Alight provides shelter, clean water and sanitation, health care, skills training, microcredit education, protection to help survivors of war and natural disasters to rebuild their lives with dignity, health care, security and self-sufficiency.
Job Summary: The Human Resources Analyst will be responsible for gathering, compiling, structuring, and analyzing human resources data to make conclusions that help streamline all organization processes. In addition, he/she will be responsible for ensuring that all team leaders within the organization stay updated on the status of queries, issues, and concerns by collecting relevant information as necessary. The HR Analyst will help management to achieve smoother HR operations through making decisions that are data-driven.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Working in collaboration with the HR Manager, compile HR data and metrics from the human resource information system (HRIS) and payroll outputs.
- Design and manage employee surveys and exit interviews. Ensure timely communication of the findings to the HR coordinator for follow-up and implementation.
- Support recruiting processes and share data and statistics for trends and patterns that would help the organization reduce staff turnover and manage rotation through proper and informed recruitments. Support in Preparing interview questions and any other key templates.
- Lead the process of creating and updating JDs and SOWs, while collaborating with other team leaders and supervisors.
- Assist in conducting reference checks, salary analysis, making offers, and discussing benefits and compensation with potential candidates.
- Work hand in hand with the HR Assistant and Manage HR files, ensuring all the relevant documents have been verified and saved and these should be audited on a quarterly basis to ensure compliance and proper record keeping.
- Assist in handling conflict, disciplinary action, and termination processes while providing up to date government labor statistics, new employment regulations, and labor laws.
- Conduct research and analysis of trends, best practices, and new developments. Propose improvements to current processes and platforms based on the research outcomes.
- Monitor staff performance management processes and ensure to assess and present results of employee performance reviews to the HR Coordinator with the specific supervisor recommendations for follow-up and action.
- Analyze organization competitor’s practices and make recommendations to management for informed decision making.
- Gather benchmark data about jobs, compensation and benefits
- Prepare reports of data results and present findings to management.
- Map out salary ranges for our open positions
- Calculate retention, turnover and internal mobility rates
- Report on key recruiting metrics like time to fill and hiring costs
- Collect and analyze employees’ answers to internal surveys including job satisfaction surveys
- Identify top reasons why candidates and employees choose to work with our company and recommend areas of improvement for our HR procedures.
Learning and Development
- Assist department heads in the implementation of a Learning and Development journey by managing and training employees’ initiatives and tracking their performance.
- Responsible for uploading and organizing new content in the Learning Management System to meet established criteria including maintaining training calendars.
- Lead the development of annual staff Objectives in collaboration with Team Leaders and supervisors.
- Administer and analyze learning needs and evaluation of learning activities, print, dispatch information, and training materials required for the purpose of workshops and other learning activities.
- Take the lead in the training of existing staff to help in their development and to be abreast with current organization processes, procedures, and policies.
- Recognize and suggest short-term and long-term goals, milestones, and benchmarks for key performance metrics
- Facilitate implementation of new employee training, development, recruiting, and other related initiatives
- Any other duties assigned
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal applicant must hold a Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources Management, Business Administration, Industrial Psychology, or related field
- Human resources certification (SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP preferred)
- At least three years of experience working in the human resources field
- Experience using Human Resources Management Systems
- Excellent analytical skills
- Ability to create detailed spreadsheets, charts and presentations
- Good research abilities
- Familiarity with HR operations including hiring, payroll and employee benefits
- 2+ years of experience in human resources analytics
- At least one year of experience in labor relations and compliance
- 2+ years of experience improving employee’s experience and performance management through data analysis
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite
- Capacity to apply discretion and maintain a high level of confidentiality when handling sensitive information
- Ability to develop and manage interpersonal relationships at all levels of the organisation
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested applicants should apply online at the link below.
Deadline: 13th November 2022 at 5:00pm