Job Title: Integration Specialist
Organisation: Diamond Trust Bank Uganda (DTB)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Diamond Trust Bank Uganda is a full-fledged commercial Bank with a network of 40 branches and 36 ATM locations in major Ugandan urban centers and still growing. The bank is also an affiliate of the Aga Khan Fund for Economic Development (AKFED) which is the economic development arm of the Aga Khan Development Network (AKDN).
Job Summary: The Integration Specialist will provide and manage end to end technical integration expertise to banking and business applications and integrate with ESB and API services. Collaboratively participates in business requirements gathering sessions and document technical specifications. Readily detect, resolve, maintain and implement high quality program changes in application of IT development standards and practices.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Create API Specifications like WSDL, YAML/RAML documents as API contracts for development team.
- Work will span all parts of the software engineering lifecycle, with a focus on middleware development utilizing the Java/J2EE/Spring/Struts platform and databases.
- Use middleware technologies to support and maintain existing application interfaces.
- Create new interfaces for a wide range of commercial applications, as well as write functional and technical specifications.
- Directly communicate with other IT application owners to give middleware technical support and help.
- Take part in middleware tool version updates and migrations.
- Implement new technologies to improve the infrastructure environment for middleware tools.
- Managing data security and data protection requirements for developed solutions
- Develop, deploy, and manage of custom adapters in ESB.
- Manage source code on GIT, GitHub or gutbucket.
- Manage and perform application performance tuning on ESB and API gateway systems.
- Manage documentation in confluence.
- Effectively collaborates with Quality Assurance Testing and business staff to review application functionality and test results.
- Provide accurate and timely estimates for assigned work and documentation for all completed work assignments.
- Requirements gathering and defining.
- Engage business team, development team and service provider to define process flow.
- Participate in design, development, testing, and implementation.
- Troubleshoot, debug, and provide solutions.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must hold a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Information Technology or its equivalent from a recognized institution.
- At least five years of experience in development, managing and supporting middleware / SOA application in a financial environment.
- Abreast with latest technology innovations and developments likely to impact financial sector.
- Advanced technical proficiency in Java, XML, XSLT, JSON and XPath is required to undertake code reviews
- In-depth knowledge of API standard protocols (REST, Webservice etc.)
- In-depth knowledge of Object-Oriented Design
- Proven experience with middleware products like Fiorano, WSO2 or MuleSoft
- Prior experience managing Unix and Linux server environments.
- Extensive experience with interactive query processing
- Good understanding of RDBMS such as Oracle, SQL, MY-SQL and other such database knowledge is recommended,
- Good Knowledge of Alternate Banking Channels Systems (Technical & Functional)
- Prior experience in ISO integration standards like ISO8583 & ISO20022
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Stay current with system information, changes, and updates.
- Being adaptable/adjustable to various work demands.
- Customer and team interaction and handling skills.
- Being able to multitask and working under pressure.
- Flexibility to work in 24×7 environment.
- Analytical, troubleshooting & problem-solving skills.
- Understanding of organization, vision, mission, and culture.
- Understanding of banking processes, technologies, and best practices (added advantage)
- Staff development and motivation.
How to Apply:
All candidates should send their applications to email@example.com
NB: DTB is an equal opportunity employer.
Deadline: 26th April 2023.