Organisation : Umeme
Position : Internal Auditor-Business
Deadline : 24th December 2018
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Date Posted: 14th December 2018
Employment Type: Full-Time
Umeme is the Leading Electricity Distribution Company in Uganda supplying electricity to over 1.1 Million customers spread across 45 Service Centers and with a workforce of over 1,500 Staff. We are committed to providing exciting career growth opportunities for our employees. Are you an ambitious individual with high integrity, dedication and drive looking to develop your career prospecs? Then we welcome you to a future of possibilities in the Electricity supply industry!!
Title: Internal Auditor-Business
Reports to: Internal Audit supervisor
Purpose of the role
Planning and conducting operational, ﬁnancial, and compliance audits to evaluate the effectiveness of internal controls and determine compliance” with selected policies, procedures, and regulations make written recommendations to management to increase efficiency and/or effectiveness of the control systems within the processes reviewed.
Key Results Areas
- Assist in development of audit procedures to assess the design and operational effectiveness of controls and compliance with relevant policies, procedures and regulations.
- Assist in the drafting of business process flow diagrams and walk through testing during engagement planning.
- Obtain and review audit evidence with supervision, ensuring audit conclusions are adequately supported.
- Ensure work papers are adequately documented to support audit ﬁndings and audit evidence is sufficient in accordance with the internal audit standards (IPPF).
- Maintain a complete and cross-referenced audit engagement working paper ﬁle for every audit engagement using TeamMate. Utilise TeamMate analytics for data mining and analysis.
- Ensure assigned work is completed within agreed time frames and carried out in line with approved methodologies and standards and within agreed budgets.
- Assist in drafting the internal audit summary report to capture audit ﬁndings, and recommendations for discussion with process owners during the exit g meeting. .
- Perform periodic follow up on actions pending implementation and continuous monitoring of outstanding internal and external audit issues.
- Develop and manage good client relations and keep in contact co understand client perspectives and business changes, priorities and risks;
- Perform other duties as assigned from time to time.
Required: A bachelor’s degree in Engineering. IT, Finance, Accounting or any other business related ﬁeld, Partaqualiﬁcation (CISA, ACCA, cm CIA).
Successful candidates will be required to pursue a relevant professional course. Demonstrate excellent oral and written communication skills, strong analytical, problem solving, time management and organizational skills.
Job application procedure
If you believe you are the one we are looking for, please apply through the following link: www.umeme.co.ug/careers