MIFUMI is a development and Women’s Rights NGO working to strengthen community based and civil society responses to Gender Based Violence (GBV) and has been promoting protection for, and supporting the needs of women and children affected by Domestic Violence across Uganda since 1999 through a multi-agency approach.
Job Title: Database Manager Organization:
MIFUMI Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: M&E Specialist About MIFUMI:
Job Summary: The major responsibility of the Database Manager is to develop, manage and maintain a range of databases.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- He / she will be expected to work alongside a wide range of people internal and external to ensure the database answers important monitoring and evaluation questions.
- They will directly interact with the M&E department on outcomes tracking, project team heads on performance management, and the communications teams on external reports
- Offer training and support to non-technical people within the organization to understand how to use MIFUMI system and ensure it’s used properly.
- Database design, Setting up and testing new database and data handling systems
- Monitoring database efficiency
- Designing and preparing reports for management
- Developing protocols for data processing, and Creating query definitions that allow data to be extracted
- Training colleagues in how to input and extract data
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The prospective employer should hold a relevant degree, such as computer science, statistics or demography.
- Advanced knowledge of programming in relevant languages and experience in a position of management or equivalent qualification will be an added advantage
- The candidate should possess strong analytical and organizational skills
- Good Eye for detail and accuracy
- Ability to understand business needs
- Strong leadership skills Desirable skills:
- Understanding of structured query language (SQL)
- Knowledge of ‘relational database management systems’ (RDBMS), ‘object oriented database management systems’ (OODBMS) and XML database management systems
- Experience with their database software/ web applications
- Up-to-date knowledge of technology
How to Apply:
If you have a penchant for working with NGOs, please send your application including a detailed CV, in soft copy to firstname.lastname@example.org, with the subject e.g “Legal Officer” clearly indicating the Position of work you are interested in. You can also choose to hand deliver to MIFUMI Offices in Tororo or Kampala on the following addresses: The Administrator, MIFUMI, Plot 1 Masaka Road, P.O. Box 274, Tororo, Uganda.
Or MIFUMI Offices in Kampala: Located at Plot 62A, Ntinda II Road TEL: +256 101 414666946
NB: Only shortlisted Candidates will be contacted
For further information, please visit our website www.mifumi.org
Deadline: 8th November 2013 by 4PM.