Job Title: Janitor/cleaners (15 Job Opportunities)
Organisation: Still Pure Investments Ltd
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Housekeeping Supervisor (Hospital)
Still Pure Investments Ltd has been contracted to clean a hospital and is seeking to recruit a committed and dedicated team of staff.
Job Summary: The Hospital Janitor/Cleaner will be responsible for cleaning and servicing assigned hospital areas such as patient rooms, wards, toilets, urinals, hospital cafeteria, gardens, garbage collection, corridors, lifts, staircases, and disposal of hospital waste.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Cleans assigned hospital areas daily by washing furnishings and equipment, mopping floors with special cleaning solutions and disinfectants to prevent the spread of disease. Uses damp, disinfectant-treated cloths and vacuum cleaners to dust windowsills, windows, blinds, floors, furniture, and equipment in an orderly fashion. Scours and polishes sinks, tubs, mirrors, and other equipment.
- Weekly deep cleaning which involves dusting, cobwebbing, scrubbing, mopping and disinfecting of all hospital areas.
- Assembles materials and supplies from the supply room and transports them to the work area.
- Replenishes supplies of soap, towels, and other dispensable items.
- Reports mechanical failures or negative conditions observed in the assigned hospital areas to the Housekeeping Supervisor.
- Gathers and disposes of trash, washes wastebaskets and large refuse containers, and relines with plastic bags.
- Removes and cleans soiled linens.
- Keep cleaning equipment and materials clean
- Periodically polishes floors with a buffing and polishing and scrubbing machine.
- All janitors/cleaners shall complete their cleaning time roosters at the specified timelines.
- For supervisors, they shall be responsible for the janitors’/ cleaners performance and make daily reports about the status of the hospital facility to the relevant manager.
- Timely reporting of any mechanical faults and equipment by the supervisor to the relevant manager.
- And any other duties as may be instructed by the relevant supervisor.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- High school graduate preferred. (S.4)
- Previous cleaning experience in a hospital setting is preferred for both janitors/cleaners and supervisors.
- Must know how to use common housecleaning implements such as mops, floor waxes, and scouring pads, brooms to keep hospital areas clean and well-serviced.
- Must know how to care for equipment, how to measure cleaning solutions, and be alert to hazards.
- Ability to follow oral or written instructions.
- 2 other local languages will be an added advantage
- Must be able to endure long hours of continuous work where need be, specifically two shifts, day and night on a rotation basis.
- Physical effort required by the job includes standing, stooping, pulling, pushing, and lifting.
It shall be mandatory for successful candidates to take Hep B, Yellow fever, and Covid 19 vaccines
How to Apply:
Application letters, CVS, and relevant academic documents should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
Remember to attach your salary expectations.
Deadline: 31st January 2023