Organisation: World Vision International
Reports to: Finance Director
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
World Vision is a Christian Relief, Development and Advocacy Non-Government Organization dedicated to working with children, families and communities to overcome poverty and injustice. We currently work in over 41 districts in Uganda. World Vision is committed to the protection of children and we will not employ people whose background is not suitable for working with children. All employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of all applicable background checks, including criminal record checks where possible. “Our Vision for every child, Life in all its fullness. Our prayer for every Heart, the will to make it so.”
Job Summary: The Finance Assistant is responsible for providing the overall coordination of Divisional documentation, logistics, work plans and reporting.
- The incumbent will manage and consolidate Finance and Support Services (FSS) Divisional monthly reports
- Keenly monitor key FSS dates for Monthly Management Reports, Field Financial Reports, and Work plans
- Provide information and advice to staff on administrative processes, procedures and requirements.
- Work closely with organization bankers and updating key information with the institutions.
- Organize and attend meetings, take minutes, send the minutes to all staff, make follow up on the action points and give feedback to the FSS Director on the progress of the action points made.
- Coordinate leave and travel plans for the staff in FSS Division and perform weekly schedules update
- Coordinate and provide logistical support to FSS team when planning conferences and workshops both at local and International levels.
- Build and maintain supplies/logistics inventory and preparing requisitions for office supplies and equipment.
- Keenly analyze and coordinate logistical requirements for the FSS Division on a regular basis.
Records Management: Manage filling system and divisional library control of key document in the FSS Director office which include Divisional reports, policies, and correspondences
- Tasked with screening telephone calls, enquiries and requests and handling them when appropriate
- Take and relay accurate and timely messages from telephone callers, and answer queries where possible.
- Management and coordination of visitors
- Maintain FSS Director’s schedule and appointments
- Prepare reports and analysis on behalf of the FSS Director upon requested
- Support the day-to-day accounting and finance operation when requested by the FSS Director
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant for the World Vision Finance Assistant job placement should hold a Bachelor’s degree in either in Finance or Accounting or any other relevant discipline
- Possess basic knowledge in computer applications like MS Office and data base management
- Knowledge in logistical operations
- Highly effective communication skills.
- Abilities in office administration and organization.
- Able to pay keen attention to detail and manage multiple priorities
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified Ugandan candidates are encouraged to apply online by visiting World Vision International’s e-recruitment jobs portal at the web link below.
Please follow instructions on How to Create Account and Profile at World Vision’s e-recruitment portal. Qualified female candidates are particularly encouraged to apply.
Deadline: 29th August 2017