Organization: Uganda Management Institute (UMI)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Senior Planning, Monitoring and Evaluation Officer
Uganda Management Institute (UMI) is a Management Development Institute with a Mission “to Excel in Developing Practical and Sustainable Administration, Leadership and Management Capacity”. It provides management training, consultancy and research services in response to the demands of the public, private and development courses, the Institute offers high quality career development management courses at Certificate, Diploma, Postgraduate Diploma and Higher Degree Levels. The Institute’s activities are currently carried out at the main campus in Kampala and its Centers in Mbarara, Gulu and Mbale.
Job Summary: The Planning, Monitoring and Evaluation Officer will be providing technical support in coordinating and spearheading the entire Planning, Monitoring and Evaluation process in the Institute. The incumbent will offer support to the various units and departments of the institute in the planning and budgeting process. He / she will also support the harmonizing of departmental as well as unit work plans and budgets; and ensure timely review and implementation of the Monitoring & Evaluation system supported.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides support to the various units and departments of the Institute in the planning and budgeting process;
- The incumbent supports the harmonization of the departmental and unit plans.
- Offers support in the development of the overall framework for M&E, annual reviews, process and operations monitoring;
- Offer assistance in the collection, analysis and interpretation of performance and other data relevant for decision making;
- Ensures that there is linkage between the functional budgets and the strategic objectives;
- The incumbent will guide the process for identifying and designing the key indicators for each department, to record and report physical progress against the targets. Also steer the process for designing the format of such progress reports;
- Provide support to the process of designing and reviewing and implementation of an M&E system;
- Prepare and disseminate reports on M&E findings, as required
- Perform any other duties assigned by the supervisor.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant for the Planning, Monitoring and Evaluation Officer should preferably hold an honors bachelor’s degree in Quantitative Economics, Statistics or equivalent qualification(s) from a recognized institution;
- Possession of a post graduate training in planning, M&E will be an added advantage; and
- A minimum of three years relevant working experience preferably in the Public Sector.
- Proficient in designing logical framework approaches and other strategic planning approaches;
- Skilled and knowledgeable in M&E methods and approaches;
- Good planning and implementation of M&E systems;
- Skills in M&E development and implementation;
- Excellent information analysis and report writing skills
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send their hardcopy applications with comprehensive typed CVs, certified copies of transcripts and certificates together with the applicant’s telephone contact, names, addresses and telephone numbers of three professional referees which should be received at the address below;
The Human Resource Manager
Uganda Management Institute
Plot 44 – 52 Jinja Road
- O. Box 20131 Kampala
Tel: 0414-259722/ 265139/ 265140/265138
Deadline: 15th September 2017 by 3:00pm