Organisation: Q-Sourcing (Cigarette Manufacturing Factory)
Duty Station: East Africa – South Sudan – Juba
Q-Sourcing Limited is a manpower management solutions firm operating in the East African Region in the countries of Uganda, Kenya, Rwanda and South Sudan. Our client is a local cigarette manufacturing factory in Juba. They started their operations in South Sudan in December to date, it is providing employment to more than fifty six (56) South Sudanese nationals and it is one of the biggest tax payers in Juba, South Sudan.
Job Summary: The Assistant Operations Manager will be tasked with improving the company’s processes and overall business in South Sudan. The incumbent will be responsible for leading operational activities in the factory (Production, Engineering, Quality Management, Process Improvement, Product Costing, Manufacturing Services (i.e. Logistics, Warehousing, Purchasing, Materials and Production planning), People and HR related functions etc).
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Steer, develop and motivate all factory teams (by delegating, coaching, supporting in implementing best practices and identifying implementable training needs)
- Plan and schedule factory production in consideration to sales forecasts, market trends, materials availability, factory production constraints so that an optimized efficiency and balanced inventories are achieved all the time.
- Develop and implement both long and short term plans while ensuring that factory output is consistent with Market/Sales strategies and goals.
- Actively participate in planning and monitoring conversion costs and liaises with operational HoD’s (Head of Departments) to provide support in order to improve cost control and visibility.
- Ensure accurate and timely cash flow reporting is done to the market treasury with respect to Capital Expenditure (CAPEX) and inventory spending’s.
- In charge of preparing monthly reports and analysis for Management review (based on Process KPIs and Financial ones) and provide periodical action plans for continuous improvement.
- Plan and execute all CAPEX projects as per APSP (Annual Plan Strategic Plan) plan (by updating, monitoring and produce CAPEX report on monthly basis to Management).
- Work closely with contractors/production equipment manufacturers on behalf of the company and supervise contractors/equipment supplier’s onsite during projects execution.
- On yearly basis, prepare comprehensive and meaningful APSP plan that will always reflect cost efficiency and Process KPIs performance improvement year after year.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidates should preferably hold a graduate degree from a recognized higher learning institution preferably from either of the following fields:
- MBA (with first degree in any Engineering discipline)
- Engineering (Chemical & Process, Electrical, Mechanical, Industrial Engineering) with postgraduate certificate or diploma in Finance
- Accounting/Finance/Economics with proven good exposure in the manufacturing industry
- At least five years working experience in a manufacturing industry
- Fluent in both English and Juba Arabic
- Advanced level in MS Office computer skills, knowing AutoCAD will be an added advantage
- Past experience on working with any ERP software (e.g. SAP) will be an added advantage
- Work experience in a tobacco and cigarettes factory is an added advantage.
- Think the Business – Constantly strive to improve the quality of products/Services
- Maximize your Contribution – Display “everything is possible” attitude
- Energize People – Encourage and build 2-way communications
- Drive Results – Proactively solve problems, explore opportunities and offer alternative solutions.
How to Apply for the job:
All suitably qualified East African Nationals are encouraged to send a comprehensive CV via E-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Note: please clearly indicate the position you’re applying for in the subject line of your email e.g. “Application _Assistant Operations Manager.”
Deadline: 18th June, 2015