Job Title: Laboratory Technician (4 Vacancies)
Reproductive Health Uganda (RHU) is a member of the International Planned Parenthood Federation (IPPF), and its core mandate is to promote high quality, high-impact and gender sensitive Sexual & Reproductive Health and Rights information and services through capacity building, specialized service delivery, issue specific advocacy and strategic partnerships. It is a volunteer owned and led organization, with the volunteer body having a distinct role to play in governance, but not in actual project management and implementation.
Job Summary: The Laboratory Technician will provide Laboratory services at Reproductive Health Uganda service delivery points to compliment clinical services.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Process specimens, and help diagnose conditions and release quality and timely laboratory results
- Oversee and maintain laboratory equipment and reagents in accordance with laboratory standards
- Refer clients or specimens to relevant partner agencies as necessary
- Plan for, budget and maintain adequate stock of laboratory reagents and equipment
- Offer technical advice and guidance on ways of improving current laboratory services
- Perform any other professional duties as may be assigned by the Service Provider In-Charge
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The Laboratory Technician should hold a Diploma in Laboratory Science Technology.
- Prior experience in providing laboratory services for a wide range of conditions
- Two or more years’ previous NGO experience will be an added advantage.
- Thorough knowledge and skills in laboratory service provision.
- Demonstrated effective organizational skills and ability to multi-task in an efficient and timely manner;
- Proven ability to work effectively under pressure, and willingness to coach and build task oriented teams.
How to apply for the job:
All those interested should send their applications by post or hand-deliver a letter of application with certified copies of academic transcripts, a detailed Curriculum Vitae and other relevant certificates plus contact addresses (e-mail) of 3 referees (including day time telephone numbers) to:
The Executive Director, Reproductive Health Uganda,
P.O. Box 10746, Kampala, Uganda
Or hand-deliver at: RHU Head Office, Plot 2, Katego Road, Kamwokya (Opposite Uganda Museum)
NB: Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted. Applications received after the closing date will not be considered. All forms of canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification if discovered. Female applicants are encouraged to apply.
Deadline: 26th February, 2014 by 5pm