Job Title: Circumcision Nurses (5 Job Vacancies)
The mission of the Infectious Diseases Institute (IDI) is to strengthen health systems in Africa with strong emphasis on infectious diseases through research and capacity development. IDI has five operational areas through which it works to achieve its mission: prevention, care and treatment; training; research, Outreach; and laboratory services (provided through a partnership with the Makerere University-John Hopkins University Core Lab).
About E AMAKA Project:
The Infectious Diseases Institute (IDI) offers free Safe Male Circumcision (SMC) services in Uganda as part of a comprehensive HIV prevention package for adult men since April 2011. Through an initiative, branded “E AMAKA – Expanded Adult Male Medical Circumcision”, services have been scaled up in the districts of; Kampala, Hoima, Kiboga, Kyankwanzi, Kiryandongo, Buliisa, Masindi and Kibaale.
Job Summary: The Circumcision Nurses will support the surgical teams during safe MMC procedures and to provide quality nursing care .He/ she must treat each client with dignity and respect.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work as full member of the surgical teams during SMC procedures.
- Offer nursing care to clients attending the clinics
- Assess clinical patient problems including Cleaning, disinfecting and packing surgical instruments
- Treat each client with dignity, respect and understanding in accordance with IDI’s philosophy
- Maintain nursing records as required cognizant of the standard ethical requirements.
- Make sure that the procedures are carried out safely in accordance with agreed policies
- Actively participates as a full member of the circumcision interdisciplinary team .
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must preferably completion of a registered Nurses Training from a recognized institution
- The candidate should have at least a year’s work experience preferably in a circumcision surgical setting
- Formal training in Circumcision service provision in a recognized institution will be an added advantage. Training and experience in the provision of Safe male Circumcision surgery and comprehensive HIV/AIDS services will be an added advantage
- The candidate must be registered with the Uganda nurses and Midwives council
How to Apply for the job:
All candidates may hand deliver, post or email their application letters with detailed CVs, naming at least two professional referees to: The Human Resource Manager, Infectious Diseases Institute P. O. Box 22418, Kampala, Uganda.
Deadline: 29th August 2014.