Organization: National Environment Management Authority (NEMA)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Accountant
Job Ref: NEMA/ADV/EXT/12/2015
The National Environment Management Authority (NEMA) was established under the National Environment Act Cap. 153 to coordinate, monitor, enforce and supervise all activities in the field of environment for purposes of ensuring sustainable development in Uganda
Job Summary: The Accounts Assistant will work collaboratively with the Accountant in the provision of support to the accounting function in day-to-day finance function activities including budget execution, processing accountingtransactions and participating in preparation of periodic financial reports.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· Prepare payment vouchers and submit them to the Senior Accountant for further processing.
· Issue receipts for payments, and or refunds made to NEMA
· The incumbent will file financial documents in a logical and easy to retrieve manner
· Enter relevant available financial information for subsequent review and posting into the General Ledger
· Match all transaction supporting documentation prior to filing any financial record.
· Support the General Ledger reconciliations especially, but not limited to, bank accounts, suppliers’ and debtors’ ledgers.
· The incumbent will also support the timely preparation and or reconciliation of statutory deductions
· Undertake bank errands as may be assigned from time to time.
· Perform any other duties as may be assigned by the Accountant.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The ideal candidate must hold a Bachelor’s degree in any of the following: Accounting, Finance, Business Administration (Accountingoption), Commerce with a bias in Accounting from a recognized degree awarding Institution.
· A minimum of four years’ of post qualification experience in Finance and Accounting in a busy financial/ accounting office of a reputable Institution;
· Computer Literacy with knowledge in the use of Accounting Software Applications such as Sun systems, Navision, Tally, Pastel is a must;
· Partial Professional Qualification in Accountancy (e.g CPA or ACCA) is a must.
· Ability to work under minimal supervision
· Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
· High ethics, integrity and confidentiality
· Excellent reporting skills
· Ability to work under pressure and to make accurate and informed decisions.
· Excellent analytical and coordinating skills
· Ability to work independently and with strong organizational and planning skills.
· High degree of confidentiality
· Honest and courteous approach
· Ability to respond to requests and instructions on time
How to Apply:
All candidates should send their applications in their own handwriting and deliver them by hand OR through post and enclose copies of certificates/testimonials and detailed curriculum vitae indicating three professional referees addressed to:-
The Executive Director
National Environment Management Authority (NEMA)
NEMA House, Plot 17/19/21 Jinja Road
P.O. Box 22255
Deadline: 15th October, 2015 by 5.00 pm
Note: The job title applied for should be printed at the top left hand side of the envelope.