Job Title: Accounts Officer
AIDS Healthcare Foundation (AHF) is an international not for profit NGO, with its Headquarters based in Los Angeles California, and is the largest community-based provider of HIV treatment and care services in the United States of America. AHF registered in Uganda as AHF-Uganda Cares, is collaboration between the Ministry of Health and AIDS Healthcare Foundation (U.S.A) to provide free HIV/AIDS services; including antiretroviral therapy in resource constrained settings. AHF- Uganda Cares to-date operates in 15 districts including; Masaka, Kampala, Rakai, Mpigi, Lyantonde, Soroti ,Lwengo, Bukomansimbi, Kalungu, Amuria, Butambala, Gomba ,Serere, Hoima and Tororo and supporting 21 clinic sites country wide.
Job Summary: The Accounts Officer will be primarily responsible for day to day accounting functions of AHF-Uganda Cares secretariat office in a manner that supports the efficient management of financial transactions and reporting. This job entails execution by ensuring proper documentation, accuracy and timely reporting, follow up on Advances, support to finance and non-finance personnel and ensure adherence to policies and procedures.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure adherence and compliance to AHF policies and procedures and Donor requirements.
- Prepare requisition forms, payment Vouchers and all associated supporting documents with accurate account codes.
- Maintain a cash advance register and ensure proper filing of all financial documents.
- Ensure adequate segregation of duties as per AHF Global policy/Manual.
- Preparation and submission of monthly statutory obligation i.e. PAYE, NSSF, Withholding Tax etc
- Regular update of SEEP Project Accounting Software, review postings and prepare project financial reports.
- Compile and prepare periodical reports and support documents for AHF donors
- Monthly reconciliation of Staff, sites and Partner Advances and update management on the status of individual partner’s financial positions on a regular basis,
- Check the partner financial performance (Accountabilities) is in adherence to AHF policy and the respective project requirements.
- Intuitively review monthly Stock report (Inventory Software) and report to management in case of any discrepancy.
- Make sure that there is accuracy of all financial documents and proper filing.
- Train and Support finance and non-finance staff including partner and project staff on AHF financial standards.
- Coordinate and participate in annual external audit, follow up on all issues raised in the management letter.
- Offer leadership and supervision to Accounts personnel as directed by the supervisor.
- Maintain the Fixed Asset Register and participate in midyear/annual stock counts& spot checks
- Monthly review of vehicle logbooks and preparation of fuel consumption and maintenance report.
- Perform any other duty as assigned by the Supervisor.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicants should hold University degrees in Accounting and part qualification of any professional course ACCA, CPA is a MUST.
- At least three years working experience with an international NGO or developmental agency.
- Excellent computer skills esp. Excel spreadsheets and Ms Word.
- Past exposure and experience and knowledge in usage of any Accounting software required.
- Sensitivity to ethics and confidentiality on finance, HR and HIV/AIDS client information.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- IT Knowledge and any Accounting Package
- Good training skills.
- Pro-active attitude
- Strong initiative and Good team player.
- Excellent command of oral and written communication skills
- Result oriented
How to Apply for the job:
All suitably qualified candidates who desire to work for the AIDS Healthcare Foundation (AHF) should Apply Online through our web recruitment portal.