Job Title: Associate Technical Officers (2 Vacancies)
FHI 360 is a global nonprofit development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our professional staff includes experts in education, health, nutrition, economic development, civil society and environment as well as cross-cutting experts in gender issues, research, applied science, behavior change and technology giving us the unique mix of capabilities to address today’s diverse and interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 operates from 60 offices with 4,400 staff in the U.S. and around the world.
About USAID APC Project:
FHI 360 – Uganda is seeking qualified candidates for the USAID- funded Advancing Partners and Communities (APC) project, which is focused on advancing and supporting community programs that seek to improve the overall health of communities and achieve other health-related impacts. In Uganda, APC will supporting the implementation of interventions for expanding community based family planning (CBFP), adolescent reproductive health (ARH) and integration of family planning with HIV /AIDS services (FP/HIV).
Job Summary: The FHI Associate Technical Officers will render technical assistance in support of the APC project components
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
Assist with project related activities in the technical areas of the assigned division.
Quickly respond to requests and inquiries from project staff.
Assist in the development and dissemination of project documents such as guidelines, manuals, training materials, lessons learned and research results.
Assist assigned team/unit with the development, monitoring and follow-up of program-specific work plans.
Work in liaison with assigned team to ensure that activities are implemented smoothly and that archives of protocols, instruments, datasets and reports are maintained.
Assist in the development of technical reports, publications and technical presentations.
Perform any other related duties as assigned.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate should preferably hold a Bachelor’s degree in Public Health, Reproductive Health, Development Studies or any other related field
- At least 2-5 years’ experience in HIV/AIDS or family planning with international development programs
- The jobholder should be highly informed and knowledgeable in current program developments in unit expertise.
- Possess a good understanding of the scientific nature of HIV/AIDS prevention, care, mitigation, reproductive health, family planning, public health, and/or social science research.
- Possess sensitivity to cultural diversity and understanding of the political, contextual, and ethical issues in assigned areas, e.g. reproductive health, family planning, HIV infection.
- Possess excellent organizational, analytical and writing skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Computer software skills including proficiency with Microsoft Office, database management software, and on-line search tools.
- Possess relevant language skills (if applicable).
How to apply for the job:
All candidates who desire to join FHI 360’s USAID APC Project should apply by sending a cover letter, resume including salary requirements by e-mail to: email@example.com.
NB: Please insert the job reference in the subject line of your email.
Deadline: 29th July 2014.