Tasks and Responsibilities:
Main System Planning Design:
• Forecast the energy and peak demand outlook for usage and make generation and transmission plans to match future system capacity to the load.
• Ensure that system developments are effectively designed and specified to meet approved corporate plans.
Policies and Standards for the job
• Ensure the progressive development and implementation of effective transmission policies and standards for the development of all transmission and sub-transmission activities.
• Budget and Cost Control:
• Produce budgets and monitor costs of Transmission activities in the Planning and Investments Department.UETCL Transport and SparesEnsure provision of transport and spares for UETCL fleet.
• Ensure assurance that all installations and work undertaken by UETCL is compliant with all relevant and required environmental standards.Safety
• Ensure audit of safety rules/codes of practice for compliance.System Development
• Ensure that systems meet with users’ approval and are consistent with UETCL policy and business strategy.System Operations
• To ensure an operations service that meets prescribed deadlines and standards.
• And to carry out any other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
• Bachelor’s (Honours) Degree in Electrical Engineering.
• Master’s Degree or Post Graduate Qualification in related field shall be an added advantage.
• Professional registration with relevant body.
• Age: between 35 – 50 years.
• A minimum of ten (10) years of Professional Working Experience in Electrical Power System Planning of which five (5) years should have been at Middle Management Level.
• In depth knowledge of power plant and transmission network technology landscape.
• In depth knowledge of power plant and transmission and network operations.
• Must have Leadership Skills.
• Must have Project Management Skills.
• Must have analytical Skills.
• Must have Decision making skills.
• Must have report writing skills.
• Must have Negotiation skills.
• A person of high integrity and is motivated, innovative and result oriented and a committed team player.
Terms of Employment and Remuneration:
Appointment is on a five (5) year contract renewable based on performance.
Attractive remuneration package that is competitive.
Interested persons should send their applications enclosing photocopies of academic qualification certificates and testimonials along with their curriculum vitae indicating contact postal address, daytime contact telephone, fax or e-mail and giving three (3) referees to:
Human Resource and Administration
Uganda Electricity Transmission Company Limited
P.O. Box 7625,
UETCL VACANCIES ANNOUNCEMENT NO.04 /2014.