Job Title: Computing Teacher (Secondary Section)
Organization: Rainbow International School
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Rainbow International School is a coeducational 2 – 18 years day and boarding school in Kampala, Uganda. As the most established, reputable and largest International school in the country, we deliver the EYFS and IPC curricula in the Primary section, English National curriculum at Key Stage 3 and Cambridge/ Edexcel IGCSE and Advanced Level in Key Stages 4 and 5. We are currently in our second year of delivering BTEC Extended Diploma awards for a cohort of students in our sixth form.
Job Summary: The Computing Teacher (Secondary Section) should be a dynamic, motivated an outstanding classroom practitioner to join our computing department. The successful applicant will be expected to teach up to Advanced Level and some BTEC Computing teaching (dependent on experience).
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must hold a Bachelor’s degree / B.Ed. / PGCE
- Good track record of excellence as a Computing/Computer Science teacher
- Ability and experience of teaching up to A Level
- Experience of working within effective teams and being an effective team player
- Experience or willingness to teach elements of the BTEC Computing course
- Experience of working on the Key Stage 2 to 3 transition (desirable not essential)
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should apply with a detailed CV and application letter of no more than two sides typed. Please include the names and contact details of three referees (2 professional and 1 character), one must be your current Headteacher / Principal. All applications should be addressed to the Principal and submitted to the following address;
Rainbow International School Uganda (RISU),
Kansanga (off Gaba Road),
- O. Box 7632,
Deadline: Thursday, 15th February 2018.