Job Title: Accountant
THETA Uganda Limited is a National Non-Governmental Organization established in 1995. Our primary mission is to improve health of society through strengthening collaboration between the traditional and biomedical health care systems through advocacy, research, capacity development, partnerships and service-linkages.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Financial Controls:
- Regularly review, evaluate and develop the internal financial systems to maintain the full financial integrity of THETA.
- Ensure compliance and adherence with all financial systems established by THETA financial policies and procedures.
- Support the FAM to develop, and maintain the THETA financial policies and procedures
- Financial Reporting:
- Compile and send monthly, quarterly and annual management accounts in time to facilitate management decision.
- Make sure that integrity is maintained over the postings
- Actively monitor and produce financial reports and other financial information as will be needed from time to time
- Ensure timely reconciliation of all bank and control accounts
- Budgeting & forecasting: Co-ordinates the annual budgeting as per laid down procedures and guidelines agreed with Broad Of Trustees (BOT) and Donors and in accordance with the strategic direction of THETA
- Funding Sources:
- Work in liaison with the Fundraising team to establish the financial resources available for program implementation and create annual cash budgets to enable timely and cost effective facilitation of operation.
- Monitor income realizations against set targets and ensure that manageable funding gaps within available resources are bridged.
- Prepare financial statements for external audit exercise
- Collaborate with and provide information to external auditors during statutory audits
- Responsible for the development of a systematic and effective internal audit program covering all of THETA’s operations
- Identify areas of weaknesses in the financial systems, and contribute to development of Terms of Reference for internal audit investigations
- Ensure that reports are produced to an agreed timetable and to follow up as required with the appropriate managers
- Respond consistently and timely to Audit queries
- Adapt and implement audit recommendations especially in regard to systems strengthening
- Support to Departments: Assist the Heads of departments in developing and maintaining good and acceptable financial discipline, management and accountability.
- Monitoring and Evaluation:
- Routinely review finances department for emergent trends and advise on possible solution to problems.
- Manage the integration of the financial systems such that the composition of reports and feedback on performance from finance & audit are used as basis for learning and systems improvement.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant should preferably hold a B.com (Accounting) / BBA (accounting option) or any other related qualification
- Part or fully qualified accountant, not less that CPA ACCA level 2
- At least four years’ experience a busy organization preferably NGO, Good accounting knowledge
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Highly computer literate and proficient with the use of accounting packages especially Pastel.
- Strong skills in planning, organizing and problem solving and a result driven attitude.
- A person with integrity and strong interpersonal.
- Past experience with US Government funded programs is an added advantage but not a requirement
How to Apply for the job:
All candidates are encouraged to send their applications via e-mail to: email@example.com.
NB: Only successful candidates will be contacted.
Deadline: 21st May, 2015