Job Title: Finance Officer
Sightsavers is an International Development Organization which works with partners to eliminate avoidable blindness and promote equality of opportunity for people with disabilities in over 32 developing countries across Africa, Asia and America. In Uganda, Sightsavers currently operates in Busoga, Bunyoro and Karamoja sub-regions.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for accounting, procurement and general administrative functions of the project.
- In charge of the preparation of monthly journals e.g. Bank charges, Payroll journals etc. to ensure financial records are complete and accurate.
- Work with the project coordinator to ensure that due partners fund requests and efficient monthly partner financial reports are made promptly.
- Ensure adherence and compliance to donor rules and regulations under the project.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must hold a degree in accounting, finance, business administration or equivalent.
- A minimum of three years’ experience in accounting/ procurement and office administration role
- Excellent computer skills especially Word, Excel and e-mail/ internet
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written English)
How to apply for the job:
All suitably and qualified candidates are encouraged to send their applications with detailed CVs and a daytime telephone number.
NB: Please fully disclose your current or past salary.
Please send the application to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: 30th July, 2014