Umeme is looking calling for applications from qualified people to apply for the job of Project Execution Manager.
Umeme Limited is an Electricity Distribution Company listed on the Uganda and Nairobi Securities Exchange, with Actis’ Infrastructure 2 fund as a majority investor. Actis is a leading investor in the emerging markets, managing over US$4.8bn worth of investment on behalf of more than 100 institutional investors, including the Commonwealth Development Corporation (CDC), a UK Government owned company.
Job Summary: The project execution manager will take lead and manage the delivery of projects in the execution phases, from project design to complete and commercial operational installation, in order to achieve desired outputs within a master plan framework, agreed time frames, budgets, specifications and operational standards
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide project management expertise and technical input to staff and project teams hence ensuring that projects flow in the approved project life cycle process and according to delegations of authority
- Develop and maintain organisational structures and ensure skilled staffing at all levels.
- Develop and maintain the capital expansion programme with specialist inputs from master planning specialists
- Develop accurate rolling plans and submit budget inputs to Business services
- Develop, implement and monitor good management practices in regards to design, construction and delivery of projects.
- Ensure that projects deliver planned performance and outputs in time and within budget and quality constraints.
- Maintain regular and accurate project analysis, evaluation, forecast and reporting to Divisional Management
- Manage the programme selecting delivery partners including consultants, contractors and negotiating fund agreements
- Engage key stakeholders to ensure timely delivery within allocated budgets, timelines and quality adherence.
- Manage staff and resources allocated to the job in accordance with organisational policies, code of business conduct, standards, and health and safety policies
- Perform any other duties as assigned.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant should hold a Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering with at least 10 (ten) years experience in similar work
- A Post graduate qualification in Project Management
- High levels of commercial awareness and experience of the development process
- Comprehensive knowledge and experience in project management, project control techniques, financial analysis, financing, risk management, project planning and appraisal.
- Good understanding of the project life cycle process and its relevance to the management of projects
- Strong track record of successfully managing large capital budgets and resources with significant responsibility for decision making
- Significant experience of selecting and managing professional services and construction contracts
- Excellent communication (verbal and -written) and presentation with ability to deal with a wide range of people including employees, managers, consultants, other specialists and external stakeholders
How to Apply for the job:
All interested candidates should send their applications including an updated CV and cover letter clearly detailing your suitability for the position in terms of required qualifications and experience to [email protected] .
Deadline is 12th December 2014
NB: Any form of canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.