Umeme is calling for qualified persons to apply for the job of Quantity Surveyor.
Umeme Limited is an Electricity Distribution Company listed on the Uganda and Nairobi Securities Exchange, with Actis’ Infrastructure 2 fund as a majority investor. Actis is a leading investor in the emerging markets, managing over US$4.8bn worth of investment on behalf of more than 100 institutional investors, including the Commonwealth Development Corporation (CDC), a UK Government owned company.
Job Summary: The Job holder will be responsible for the maximization and accuracy of project costing throughout the project life cycle for each project by preparing bills of quantities/materials, providing reliable cost estimates and drafting comprehensive tender documents. S/he will also keep track variations during construction that may affect costs and verify claims.
Deadline: 12th December, 2013 by 17:00
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Drafting tender and contract documents in individual project definition phase, including .bills of quantities
- Assisting in establishing user requirement specifications and undertaking feasibility studies.
- Offer costing inputs on procurement process.
- Conduct analyses and evaluate tendered costs and developing responses to commercial risks.
- Verifying and providing advice to project managers on contractual claims.
- Ensuring that business commercial processes are adhered to at project level.
- Valuing completed work during project evaluations and recommend remedial actions where needed.
- Interpret cost impacts on projects as a result of SHEQ incidents, impacting management decisions or any other related activity
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant should possess a Bachelor’s Degree in Quantity Surveying
- A minimum of three (3) years experience in similar work.
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) and presentation with ability to deal with a wide range of people including employees
- Excellent analytical skills
How to Apply:
All interested candidates should send their applications including an updated CV and cover letter clearly detailing your suitability for the position in terms of required qualifications and experience to email@example.com .
NB: Any form of canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.