Umeme is calling for applications for the job of Supplier Relations Manager.
Umeme Limited is an Electricity Distribution Company listed on the Uganda and Nairobi Securities Exchange, with Actis’ Infrastructure 2 fund as a majority investor. Actis is a leading investor in the emerging markets, managing over US$4.8bn worth of investment on behalf of more than 100 institutional investors, including the Commonwealth Development Corporation (CDC), a UK Government owned company.
Job Summary: The Supplier Relations Manager will form an integral part of an efficient and effective Contracts Management and Procurement function, within a high performing Capital and Contracts Division, by engaging with supply partners of materials and services to support the delivery of Umeme’s capital investment plans.
Deadline: 12th December, 2013 by 17:00
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Engage qualified contractors and suppliers of goods and services to carry out network line and substation construction, refurbishment, repair and maintenance and ensure supply of associated materials and services
- Engage with manufacturers to support expanding local manufacturing capacity to fulfill Umeme materials’ requirements and to support excellent long term supplier and contractor relations.
- Establish and maintain effective Contractual, Monitoring and Evaluation and Supplier Capacity Enhancement tools, models and programmes appropriate for both international and local qualified supply partners.
- Manage the enquiry, tender and contractual processes to reduce safety, environmental, legislative and financial risks to all participants.
- Interpret cost impacts on projects as a result of SHEQ incidents, impacting management decisions or any other related activity.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The Supplier Relations manager must possess a University degree preferably in a business related field or Engineering
- Possess a Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply or equivalent internationally recognized professional qualification
- At least eight years’ experience in a similar position, preferably in a utility or a business with similar range and complexity in an international environment
- Proficient in strategic sourcing, Contract development and Supplier Management.
- Experience of interacting with suppliers outside of traditional order placing.
- Experience in establishing or working with Supplier Monitoring / Vendor Rating Systems and /or other types of Supplier Management Systems.
- Good working knowledge and experience of utilizing modern enterprise wide information systems to support the function.
- Proven impeccable integrity in business dealings and adherence to organisational policies, code of business conduct, standards, and health and safety policies.
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) and presentation with ability to deal with a wide range of people including employees
How to Apply:
All interested candidates should send their applications including an updated CV and cover letter clearly detailing your suitability for the position in terms of required qualifications and experience to email@example.com .
NB: Any form of canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.